Login Register

Anybody want a copy of VIDA 2014D Diagnostic and EPC software?

General discussion about cars, parts, your DIY skills, etc. Come on in, introduce yourself and say hi! List Volvo events here. Have a hot Volvo? Show it off here. Do you have a question or comment about how MVS works? Ask here, comment here.
Rossosaurus
Year and Model: 2007 S40 Mk2 1.8

Re: Anybody want a copy of VIDA 2014D Diagnostic and EPC software?

Post by Rossosaurus »

DeltaTango89 wrote: 01 Jan 2021, 17:22 Hey i have just downloaded the link which is working perfectly so far as i can tell, i signed up to thank you and to ask you a question. If i bought the vida dice tool would i be able to download new module software updates and add usb interface to my head unit. anyway thank you very much for sharing.
No worries. Glad to help. The ones selling on eBay for ~£60 are usually bootleg ones that will only do your basic diagnostics if I recall correctly, It's been nearly 3 years probably since I last looked into them. The official ones might be capable but I wouldn't want to guarentee it as the software on the VM came with the bootleg VIDA tool I bought so it's not 100% legit either. My guess would be you would probably need to buy an official copy of the diagnostic module and an official copy of VIDA/DICE which I imagine would probably cost hundreds of pounds.

YV1LW
Year and Model: 98V70r

Post by YV1LW »

@Rossosaurus,
I have a question about the file that was posted to MEGA

Is the file a VM application with VIDA resident on the VM?

Which VM did you load the VIDA software?

Is the VM compatible with Windows 7 Pro?

What hardware were you able to get the VM & VIDA to function normally?

Thanks for your reply.

Rossosaurus

Post by Rossosaurus »

YV1LW wrote: 03 Mar 2021, 07:24 @Rossosaurus,
I have a question about the file that was posted to MEGA

Is the file a VM application with VIDA resident on the VM?

Which VM did you load the VIDA software?

Is the VM compatible with Windows 7 Pro?

What hardware were you able to get the VM & VIDA to function normally?

Thanks for your reply.
The file on mega is a zip with the VM inside along with potentially some instructions in a text file. The VM is running Windows 7 and has VIDA installed on it. You'll need VMware Workstation Player to use it. As far as I'm aware it should still run on Windows 7. Hardware wise it should run on anything modern. I've run it in laptops with integrated graphics. It's not that intensive.

paskalee
Year and Model: 2013 XC60

Post by paskalee »

I downloaded the VIDA file and its working, but there seems to be some information missing. I was looking for information on the alternator decoupler pulley and changing out the serpentine belt but can not find anything in the categories after I click on the repair tab. I also can not find anything when I try to use search.

Am I just navigating VIDA incorrectly and can not find what I am looking for or is this file incomplete?

YV1LW
Year and Model: 98V70r

Post by YV1LW »

@Rossosaurus
Thanks for the reply. These setups remind me of Russian Dolls.

Just so I understand, VIDA is operating in a Windows 7 environment, which is the operating OS on the VM. This Virtual Machine requires VMware workstation Player. So the Player is operating in the OS of the host hardware machine (i.e. an Intel laptop). Must the hardware operating system be Windows 7 Pro? Or is Windows 7 Pro what VIDA is operating under in the Virtual Machine?

Apologies for being so clueless.

Rossosaurus

Post by Rossosaurus »

YV1LW wrote: 03 Mar 2021, 19:22 @Rossosaurus
Thanks for the reply. These setups remind me of Russian Dolls.

Just so I understand, VIDA is operating in a Windows 7 environment, which is the operating OS on the VM. This Virtual Machine requires VMware workstation Player. So the Player is operating in the OS of the host hardware machine (i.e. an Intel laptop). Must the hardware operating system be Windows 7 Pro? Or is Windows 7 Pro what VIDA is operating under in the Virtual Machine?

Apologies for being so clueless.

Nah that's all correct. But the it doesn't matter what OS you're running as long as it'll run VMware. Think the OS on the VM is Windows 7 Ultimate maybe. Could be Windows 7 Pro. It's been a fair while since I last used it.

Jbw99v70t5
Year and Model: V70t5 1999

Post by Jbw99v70t5 »

yes please i .need softwear for my dice obd

ZionXIX
Year and Model: 1996 850 Turbo S/W

Post by ZionXIX »

Looking to download this onto a windows 10 laptop and use it for a 1996 850. Do I need a Dice unit too?
Scarlett: 1996 850 Turbo Wagon in Reagent Red Pearl ~210K mi
Norman: 2012 F150 XLT Crew Cab in Oxford White ~110K mi
Ember: 2005 XC90 2.5T FWD in Ruby Red Metallic ~83K mi *Newest addition to the fleet*
Ruby: 1997 850 Turbo Wagon in Reagent Red Pearl - parts car
Rose: 2020 Ram 1500 in Delmonico Red Pearl - SWMBO's Vehicle

dunder
Year and Model: 2013 & 2005

Post by dunder »

Hi mate, could I get a copy please? MEGA has download limit.

windacplay
Year and Model: 2008 s60

Post by windacplay »

Hi
Thank you very much for your sharing, this software has helped me a lot, thank you very much