Did you know? 🤔
Logged in users can get email notification of topic replies Log in or register (free).
Amazon Link Buy your stuff using this and it helps MVS!

V70 Confusing Rev / Judder Problem

Help, Advice, Owners' Discussion and DIY Tutorials on the third generation Volvo V70 wagon and XC70 crossover, and second generation S80. Are you an owner? Prospective owner? Get in here and join us! Start a new topic or comment on an existing thread.

2008-2016 V70
2008-2016 XC70
2007-2016 S80

steved1484
Year and Model: 2009 V70 2.0D R-Des
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0
Great Britain
steved1484

V70 Confusing Rev / Judder Problem

Post by steved1484 » Tue Sep 04, 2018 3:01 pm

Hi All

First post here, so please excuse any errors however I’m after some expertise with a rather frustrating problem on a V70 2.0d R Design (2009 – Engine D4204T). When engine is cold, suffers from juddering and hesitation between 1500 and 2000 rpm and the car shakes… but disappears as soon as engine is warmed up after about 5 minutes.

Juddering happens when stationary in Neutral and when driving.. Also started what I can only describe as hunting / pulsing (Jumping from 1000 to 1300rpm) with very light throttle..

When accelerating lightly it gets to 1950rpm and seems to bounce back, but if you power past it you don’t even notice the hesitation and its not detectable under full throttle conditions. No Loss of power and once warm drives like a dream!

Vehicle is on 82K regularly serviced, no smoke of any description, no codes showing in Vida at all.. Recently had new MAF, MAP, Inlet Temp Sensor, Forced DPF Regeneration on Vida (Albeit it senses 0g of soot before and after regen), New Fuel Filter & Cleaned throttle body… but still the problem persists.. I've added image of RPM readings from Vida, and you can see how jerky they are when not under full throttle.. Not sure if there is a way to upload videos but also have one of the pulsing / hunting available. EDIT - I've now managed to link in the video, but please ignore the background noise from my 2 year old!)

Any inspiration or ideas really welcomed, as I love the car, but hugely frustrated that I can’t get to the bottom of it..

Thanks in advance, and if I’ve missed any vital details please shout or if i've posted incorrectly please shout at me!

Steve
Attachments
V70 RPM.jpg