IPD sale Volvo Parts

BCM failure and symptoms 2008 XC70 Topic is solved

Help, Advice, Owners' Discussion and DIY Tutorials on the current (third) generation Volvo V70 wagon and XC70 crossover, and second generation S80.

This is a forum for owners or prospective owners of the third generation V70, second generation S80, and its siblings built on the EUCD platform.
precopster
Year and Model: Lots
Australia

Re: BCM failure and symptoms 2008 XC70  Topic is solved

Post by precopster » Tue Nov 13, 2018 8:29 pm

The customer's message below. BTW the BCM is not part of Volvo's core return program and this is a part that is readily availble for around USD $1,200 from the Volvo US dealer network:

"Hi Mike yeah I got the car back it's running great, they just called actually regarding a customer survey, I was lucky actually because they said they quoted an old price for the part and the real price was 4k just for the part but they honoured the original price after talking to head office, I asked them for the old part back but the service guy said it was an 'exchange program' and that's why you don't see many of these parts around used? (I wasn't at all surprised by their answer) A very clever way of them getting you to buy new parts I guess?
I'll be in touch before Christmas to try an organise a scan on my car, thanks again for all your help Mike it's great to have the Volvo back again that's for sure.😀"

So that failed BCM is probably at the dump by now and won't be put back in service. What a waste!!
Current cars:2002 XC70, 2001 V70 T5, 2006 XC90 2.5T, VW Transporter 2.5TDI

www.precisioncarmodules.com.