IPD sale Volvo Parts
XeMODeX - Experts in Volvo Electronics My Swedish Parts ad - genuine Volvo parts
Did you know? 🤔
Logged in users can get email notification of topic replies Log in or register (free).
Amazon Link Buy your stuff using this and it helps MVS!

Total Loss: any hope of transferring these options from one car to the next?

Help, Advice, Owners' Discussion and DIY Tutorials on the third generation Volvo V70 wagon and XC70 crossover, and second generation S80. Are you an owner? Prospective owner? Get in here and join us! Start a new topic or comment on an existing thread.

2008-2016 V70
2008-2016 XC70
2007-2016 S80

sanfelice
Year and Model: 00 VR;04 XC70;97 965
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0
United States of America
sanfelice

Total Loss: any hope of transferring these options from one car to the next?

Post by sanfelice » Fri Nov 16, 2018 6:59 am

My 2008 was totaled last week. I am extremely disappointed by this (not the totaling, I think it's the only logical option), as I searched for a year for this particular model: Collision Avoidance, DVD, Nav, heated rear seats, Dynaudio, PCC key fob, BLIS, etc.

It was apparently a dealer driven car, so it had nearly every option that I can imagine was available in 2008 (only thing it did not have was the 17" wheels).

Is there any humanly way that I can extract any of these from one car to the next? Particularly the heated rear and the Dynaudio. I can imagine the collision avoidance is beyond possible. :cry:

precopster
Year and Model: Lots
Australia
precopster

Re: Total Loss: any hope of transferring these options from one car to the next?

Post by precopster » Fri Nov 16, 2018 8:41 am

It's possible but if done you can never again receive software updates and module programming due to a configuration change from the factory supplied setup.

There are guys on this forum (particularly Yagger and Doublebug) that can clone settings from the original CEM but as I mentioned you can't go back to dealer for computer related work unless you buy a spare CEM just to take modified settings and place original CEM back in the vehicle before a dealer visit.

Is this a V70 or XC70?

Current cars:2002 XC70, 2006 Ssangyong Rodius (Stavic), 2006 XC90 2.5T, VW Transporter 2.5TDI

www.precisioncarmodules.com.

sanfelice
Year and Model: 00 VR;04 XC70;97 965
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0
United States of America
sanfelice

Re: Total Loss: any hope of transferring these options from one car to the next?

Post by sanfelice » Fri Nov 16, 2018 10:03 am

It is an XC. Thanks for the response.