IPD sale Volvo Parts
Did you know? 🤔
Logged in users can get email notification of topic replies Log in or register (free).
Amazon Link Buy your stuff using this and it helps MVS!

2008 XC90 Blis Tech Bulletin Results

Help, Advice, Owners' Discussion and DIY Tutorials on Volvo XC90s. The XC90 proved to be very popular, and very good for Volvo's sales numbers, since its introduction in model year 2003 (North America).
PoppySheaf
Year and Model: 2008 XC90
Been thanked: 0
United States of America
PoppySheaf

2008 XC90 Blis Tech Bulletin Results

Post by PoppySheaf » Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:54 pm

Having trouble with BLIS system working intermittently. Outside lens is clean and free of obstruction.
It works first thing and after about 10 minutes or so I get a "reduced function" message.
Found the following technical bulletin in an on-line Volvo manual:

Link attached - pages 19-24. https://workshop-manuals.com/volvo/xc90 ... ific_dtcs/

It basically says to:
1. Remove door panel
2. Use general oil spray as a cleaner on all connections and re-connect
3. Reconfigure and zip tie harnesses and all wiring a certain way as illustrated in the above link.

Anyone tried this and if so did it work?
This is a sample door without the wiring(covered in foam) and connections (green) reconfigured per the bulletin.
FrontDriverDoorNoPanel_zps1dce8fb7.jpg
FrontDriverDoorNoPanel_zps1dce8fb7.jpg (288.12 KiB) Viewed 153 times

mrbrian200
Year and Model: 2006 S60 2.5T FWD
United States of America
mrbrian200

Re: 2008 XC90 Blis Tech Bulletin Results

Post by mrbrian200 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:30 pm

I looked at the pages in the workshop manual. It's obvious by the way they reorient the wires/harness that water follows down the wire bundle from the outside mirror assembly and contaminates the terminals inside the plug connectors. I think a better solution would be to stop the water rather than merely reorienting the harness. We're talking silicone or poly sealant. Note, the water could be wicking down the wires on the inside of the tape instead of or in addition to dripping down along the outside. Sealing around the holes where the wire bundle comes through to the inside might not do it.

PoppySheaf
Year and Model: 2008 XC90
Been thanked: 0
United States of America
PoppySheaf

Re: 2008 XC90 Blis Tech Bulletin Results

Post by PoppySheaf » Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:37 am

Great points! I agree! Thanks!