IPD sale Volvo Parts

Duramax Diesel P0101

Help, Advice, Owners' Discussion and DIY Tutorials on Volvo XC90s. The XC90 proved to be very popular, and very good for Volvo's sales numbers, since its introduction in model year 2003 (North America).
Eshevriy
Year and Model: XC90
United States of America

Duramax Diesel P0101

Post by Eshevriy » Wed Jan 16, 2019 3:07 am

Ok P0101 MAF/VAF Sensor Range/Performance Problem. I changed the sensor that didn't work. I have a book here that says Intake Leak/Blockage or the sensor. Anyone got any ideas?

jimmy57
Year and Model: 2004 V70R GT, et al

Re: Duramax Diesel P0101

Post by jimmy57 » Wed Jan 16, 2019 8:39 am

First is to check that there are no intercooler hose connections that have failed. The rubber hoses used to connect turbo to metal pipe, pipe to intercooler, intercooler to metal outlet pipe, and metal outlet pipe to intake inlet all need to be checked to assure they have no ruptures or haven't crawled from under clamps. GM trucks have little issues I've seen from intercooler failures. Next is MAF connector. Maf is in the pipe from air cleaner on RH fender that goes to top of engine. A red piece has to be slid over 3mm in order for the latch on connector to be depressed and unlock. If you see obvious evidence of green or white crusty stuff then it is corrosion on terminals and it may or may not be cleaned. If nothing is visible it still can be corrosion there so spray WD-40 or even better a purpose made connector cleaner spray like CRC and others make. Auto stores have it. If neither of these checks proves a repair then the MAF is it? What year, miles, etc?