IPD sale Volvo Parts
XeMODeX - Experts in Volvo Electronics My Swedish Parts ad - genuine Volvo parts
Did you know? 🤔
Logged in users can get email notification of topic replies Log in or register (free).
Amazon Link Buy your stuff using this and it helps MVS!

2010 S80 lectrical Problems following repair, blown fuse Topic is solved

Help, Advice, Owners' Discussion and DIY Tutorials on the third generation Volvo V70 wagon and XC70 crossover, and second generation S80. Are you an owner? Prospective owner? Get in here and join us! Start a new topic or comment on an existing thread.

2008-2016 V70
2008-2016 XC70
2007-2016 S80

woodchopper
Year and Model: 2010 S80 T6 AWD
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0
Canada
woodchopper

2010 S80 lectrical Problems following repair, blown fuse

Post by woodchopper » Wed Jan 30, 2019 7:05 pm

2010 S80 T6 3.0L AWD

HELP

Engine overheated. Pulled into parking lot and shut engine off. Garage (not Volvo dealer) replaced belt tensioner, idler pulley and serpentine belt. Now no radio, blower does not work, auto window function does not work, no seat belt chime, no rear window defrost, no way to get heat into car. The garage can't figure it out. I brought it home. Its 0 degrees F right now so working on it isn't exciting. Does anyone have any ideas where the problem might be?

jimmy57
Year and Model: 2004 V70R GT, et al
jimmy57

Re: Electrical Problems following repair

Post by jimmy57 » Wed Jan 30, 2019 7:19 pm

Lock and unlock car with remote even though it may have keyless option. I suspect they removed battery and the batteyr tray for access and the battery was disconnected long enough for the car to go into transport mode once it was connected again. It is a low battery drain mode for shipping so the higher battery drain of all systems being in hibernate won't kill battery on boat during ocean shipping.

woodchopper
Canada
woodchopper

Post by woodchopper » Wed Jan 30, 2019 8:29 pm

Jimmy 57 - I tried locking and unlocking using the remote several times. Nothing changed. Strange thing is, the bluetooth function works. At first the radio display is blank, just a tiny phone symbol in the top left corner. After talking on the phone for a while the display shows the name of my cell phone. I would think the bluetooth is part of the radio. I guess I will have to take it to Volvo for them to figure out.

woodchopper
Canada
woodchopper

Post by woodchopper » Sun Feb 03, 2019 9:30 am

New development. Volvo couldn't get me in until this coming Monday so I've been searching for an answer. Yesterday a message showed up saying "Alarm System Maintenance Required". I read a lot of posts on that issue and it can cause a lot of problems. That will be today's adventure. I'll post later.

woodchopper
Canada
woodchopper

Re: Electrical Problems following repair  Topic is solved

Post by woodchopper » Sun Feb 03, 2019 4:13 pm

With great shame I have to report that it was nothing more than the 5A fuse that is for the ECC. The garage told me they checked all the fuses and couldn't find anything. My fault for trusting them to that extent. The alarm siren module apparently is still an issue, but different from the ECC problem. :oops: :D

humbertoflores63
Year and Model: 1995, 97, 98
United States of America
humbertoflores63

Re: 2010 S80 lectrical Problems following repair, blown fuse

Post by humbertoflores63 » Wed Mar 06, 2019 12:31 pm

The alarm siren module can have the batteries going bad. The batteries are not replaceable, you need to buy the whole module.