IPD sale Volvo Parts
Did you know? 🤔
Logged in users can get email notification of topic replies Log in or register (free).
Amazon Link Buy your stuff using this and it helps MVS!

any help?

Help, Advice, Owners' Discussion and DIY Tutorials on Volvo XC90s. The XC90 proved to be very popular, and very good for Volvo's sales numbers, since its introduction in model year 2003 (North America).
Rosborn
Year and Model: 2004 XC90 t6
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0
United States of America
Rosborn

any help?

Post by Rosborn » Sun Feb 03, 2019 8:47 am

The other morning my xc90 died , crank to start and died and so on, unhooked MAF ran great so i replaced with new bosch. Same problem unhooked MAF and ran fine , plugged back in while running and continued running and drove 10 mile trip , shut off car and on restart problem started over again. any ideas before i have to bring to garage.

jimmy57
Year and Model: 2004 V70R GT, et al
jimmy57

Re: any help?

Post by jimmy57 » Sun Feb 03, 2019 9:28 am

There is likely a hose with a hole in it or that has slipped off between turbo and intercooler or intercooler back to throttle. The air leaking out is making MAF register a very high value. Unplugging MAF will cause the ECM to substitute close to normal values and it will run sort of OK.

Rosborn
Year and Model: 2004 XC90 t6
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0
United States of America
Rosborn

Re: any help?

Post by Rosborn » Mon Feb 04, 2019 9:57 am

Thank you so much , It was hose to intercooler , hard to see clamp broke... Thanks again