IPD sale Volvo Parts
Did you know? 🤔
Logged in users can get email notification of topic replies Log in or register (free).
Amazon Link Buy your stuff using this and it helps MVS!

Low idle on 2006 s40

Help, Advice, Owners' Discussion and DIY Tutorials devoted to the second generation C70, S40 and V50 Volvos -- awkwardly model year 2004 ½ onwards -- plus where to go for advice and discussion on Volvo's sporty C30 Coupe powered by Volvo's ubiquitous inline 5-cylinder power plant.
VL1976
Year and Model: 2006 S40 2.4i
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0
United States of America
VL1976

Low idle on 2006 s40

Post by VL1976 » Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:50 pm

Hi Everyone..

I have a low idle on my 2006 volvo s40 2.4i. When in idle the rpm/s are below 800 .. right around 650/700
I have no air leaks at least that I can see. No check engine light ether. It runs fine when I drive it. I have cleaned the MAF, Throttle Body, new Air Filter, new Spark plugs. I also put a can of seafoam in the tank as well. Have not checked the fuel pressure yet since I cant find any data on what it should be in idle.

I have purchased this car about a year ago and it was sitting in my driveway until now. I did not have time to play with it. At that time it needed a new CAT and new axles, brakes etc.... OEM CAT installed and working like it should...

Any clues what I might be looking at?
Thanks