IPD sale Volvo Parts
Did you know? 🤔
Logged in users can get email notification of topic replies Log in or register (free).
Amazon Link Buy your stuff using this and it helps MVS!

"SRS Airbag Urgent Service" - 2007 Volvo V50 - How To Reset This?

Help, Advice, Owners' Discussion and DIY Tutorials devoted to the second generation C70, S40 and V50 Volvos -- awkwardly model year 2004 ½ onwards -- plus where to go for advice and discussion on Volvo's sporty C30 Coupe powered by Volvo's ubiquitous inline 5-cylinder power plant.
Marcus1
Year and Model: 2007 volvo V 50
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0
Great Britain
Marcus1

"SRS Airbag Urgent Service" - 2007 Volvo V50 - How To Reset This?

Post by Marcus1 » Fri Feb 22, 2019 2:46 am

Am. Having issues with my volvo v50 basically I've had 2 errors code 012b 012c now I've been told it's not the module. It's a can signal problem but don't know whrew has anyone had this issue than csn be solved. As. Just to take to volvo is going to break the bank I. E tips that might help to reset the warning
Last edited by matthew1 on Fri Feb 22, 2019 9:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: improved title

precopster
Year and Model: Lots
Australia
precopster

Re: SRS AIRBAG URGENT SERVICE

Post by precopster » Fri Feb 22, 2019 6:12 am

A poor battery may cause erroneous Canbus problems. Get it checked at an Autozone and replace if necessary.

If you're going to own a Volvo long term and want to avoid dealers you need a scanner that can talk to either all of the modules or most of them. A Vida/Dice with a Windows laptop is best but you can also use an Autel AL-619 for SRS and ABS resets.

Current cars:2002 XC70, 2006 Ssangyong Rodius (Stavic), 2006 XC90 2.5T, VW Transporter 2.5TDI

www.precisioncarmodules.com.

jimmy57
Year and Model: 2004 V70R GT, et al
jimmy57

Re: SRS AIRBAG URGENT SERVICE

Post by jimmy57 » Fri Feb 22, 2019 8:15 am

Did Autozone open for business in the UK?

The fault code info says it is either wrong programmed CEM or SRS. Other things also cause this. Configuration faults occur when a module that is in the info chain (Not necessarily any module in the network but one that SRS gets some info from) is not supplying that info. If the module fails to come on there should be a CEM code due to the CEM monitoring the presence of all modules o the network. It is possible that the software gets corrupted but that is very very unusual and it usually occurs when software download of the code setting module or other module occurs.
Low battery/poor battery as mentioned is crucial to be eliminated as low battery can contribute to a module that comes on, locks from low voltage of cranking engine battery loading, and then comes on and functions when voltage goes back to normal level. The initial start of another module can miss key info during its check period when this occurs.

First thing is to see that no other codes are present. CEM codes are the most useful in determining fault sources if present. Then take note of anything on the car that is not working or delayed in working.

Marcus1
Year and Model: 2007 volvo V 50
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0
Great Britain
Marcus1

Re: "SRS Airbag Urgent Service" - 2007 Volvo V50 - How To Reset This?

Post by Marcus1 » Sat Feb 23, 2019 2:15 am

No the battery is fine I've checked the Co nections in under the seats fuse box in passenger seat, A friend of man who has been a mechanic for years this it could actually be the seat beat retentioner its self, an I know volvo dealers are ludericous in price,
Are them readers pacific for volvo or will read most cars

Cees Klumper
Year and Model: C70 2008 T5
United States of America
Cees Klumper

Post by Cees Klumper » Sat Feb 23, 2019 8:57 pm

One of my S80's airbags went faulty and I got this 'urgent message'. My scanner (icarsoft, their Volvo/SAAB specific model) told me it was the driver's seat one. Went on Ebay, bought a good used one for $70, swapped it out, cleared the code with the scanner and problem solved.

precopster
Year and Model: Lots
Australia
precopster

Post by precopster » Sat Feb 23, 2019 9:35 pm

Vida/Dice is specific to Volvo. The others suit a range of cars.

Just to be clear have you reset the SRS module with a scanner and had the fault return? Without a reset/clear the issue will never resolve.

Current cars:2002 XC70, 2006 Ssangyong Rodius (Stavic), 2006 XC90 2.5T, VW Transporter 2.5TDI

www.precisioncarmodules.com.