IPD sale Volvo Parts
Did you know? 🤔
Logged in users can get email notification of topic replies Log in or register (free).
Amazon Link Buy your stuff using this and it helps MVS!

"Anti-Skid Service Required" message, BCM codes 0111 and A031 Topic is solved

Help, Advice, Owners' Discussion and DIY Tutorials on Volvo's stylish, distinctive "P2" platform cars.

2001 - 2007 V70
2004 - 2007 V70 R
2001 - 2007 XC-70
2001 - 2009 S60
2003 - 2007 S60 R

veektor
Year and Model: 2008 S60
United States of America
veektor

"Anti-Skid Service Required" message, BCM codes 0111 and A031  Topic is solved

Post by veektor » Wed Feb 27, 2019 7:59 am

I read the codes with DICE and got a whole bunch of them on first read, so I reset them, and only got these two.
bmc_faults_after_reset1.PNG
bmc_faults_after_reset1.PNG (15.02 KiB) Viewed 135 times
I followed up with SAS calibration, and noticed that when my steering wheel is straight ahead, SAS is reading 180 degrees angle. Turning the steering wheel to the right is what gets the angle to zero when wheel is upside down. I found another post where the advice is to calibrate SAS using VIDA with the steering wheel off, but wondering if there is a better option? Or is that the way to go, then reset SRS codes afterwards? Thread in question: https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=287595

veektor
Year and Model: 2008 S60
United States of America
veektor

Re: "Anti-Skid Service Required" message, BCM codes 0111 and A031

Post by veektor » Sat Mar 02, 2019 9:34 am

SAS unit was indeed the problem. I picked another SAS/clockspring at Pick-n-Pull from an 06 V70. The part number on that unit was older than what's referenced for 2008 S60, but it appeared to be of the right kind (with DSTC), so I took a leap of faith on installing it. After re-connecting the battery, I cleared the initial rash of codes, and was pleased to see that SAS was measuring 0 degrees with steering wheel facing forward. Took the car out for a drive, and didn't have any Anti-skid or DSTC errors come up. My neighborhood streets are covered with sand right now, so traction control actually had to engage when I goosed the throttle a couple of times.

I ran another code scan after the test drive and everything showed clear. Even the dormant TPMS that previously was reporting 0 PSI from all sensors had decided that it was indeed receiving some pressure measurements. I suspect that won't last long, and will probably nag me until I replace the tires, but it's kind of nice to have no errors lighting up the dash board for the moment.