IPD sale Volvo Parts
Did you know? 🤔
Logged in users can get email notification of topic replies Log in or register (free).
Amazon Link Buy your stuff using this and it helps MVS!

Radio powers on but no sound

Help, Advice, Owners' Discussion and DIY Tutorials devoted to the second generation C70, S40 and V50 Volvos -- awkwardly model year 2004 ½ onwards -- plus where to go for advice and discussion on Volvo's sporty C30 Coupe powered by Volvo's ubiquitous inline 5-cylinder power plant.
willevan
Year and Model: 2007 C70
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0
United States of America
willevan

Radio powers on but no sound

Post by willevan » Sat Mar 02, 2019 6:15 pm

So I have been looking around I can't find much help. So hopfully I ca get some advice. I bought a 2007 C70 for my wife car is in great shape only 77k but the radio turns on picks up radio stations and takes a CD says it is playing but no music no matter were the volume is. I have checked the fuse under the hood #16. Also two under the dash, All look fine. I am going to assume there is a fuse for the amp but can't find one. Any help would be assume and can't wait for snow to leave so I can enjoy this new ride.

willevan
United States of America
willevan

Re: Radio powers on but no sound

Post by willevan » Sun Mar 03, 2019 7:20 am

i looked under the seat and found that there is no amp there. From my research that is were it is supposed to be. All i see is the vent. I also found that someone installed an alarm or starter. I wonder if this could cause ab issue. I did swap out fuses 63 64 with no difference

Cees Klumper
Year and Model: C70 2008 T5
United States of America
Cees Klumper

Post by Cees Klumper » Wed Mar 06, 2019 8:00 pm

Maybe too simple but have you checked to see whether the wiring is properly hooked up (speaker plugs)?

willevan
United States of America
willevan

Post by willevan » Thu Mar 07, 2019 2:09 am

That is my next step. A friend of mine had it happen to his wifes volvo and swapped the unit in the dash and that worked for him. I bought one off ebay with no luck. It is to cold right now to dig real deep in the wiring. This weekend its supposed to be 30 degrees. Ill give it a look.

Polestar
Year and Model: 2006 XC70, 2005 S40
United States of America
Polestar

Post by Polestar » Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:59 pm

I have an XC70 and the volume only works on the steering wheel. Going to replace the unit with a Bluepower at some point.

willevan
United States of America
willevan

Post by willevan » Sat Mar 16, 2019 2:53 am

Update found the amp. Previous owner installed a different amp and cut the wires and did not repair them after pulling the amp. So when weather breaks ill fix it.

willevan
United States of America
willevan

Post by willevan » Tue Mar 26, 2019 9:26 am

Got wires back together except for the red/yellow and grey/yellow pair but sound from all 4 speakers but drivers door is low and crackles maybe a blown speaker but otherwise sounds good