IPD sale Volvo Parts
Did you know? 🤔
Logged in users can get email notification of topic replies Log in or register (free).
Amazon Link Buy your stuff using this and it helps MVS!

Odd sound coming from S60

Help, Advice, Owners' Discussion and DIY Tutorials for the groundbreaking new Volvo S60 2011+, V60 and XC60.
johnson2bs
Year and Model: 2015
Has thanked: 0
United States of America
johnson2bs

Odd sound coming from S60

Post by johnson2bs » Sun Mar 03, 2019 5:53 pm

I have a sound coming from my Volvo S60 2.0 5T E-drive when either driving or sitting at a idle, It last for about 1 second and happens quite often. It can be heard inside or outside of the car and it is more towards the middle or back of the car. Also the car idles bad and lopes and at a stop sign or light almost dying but never does, shifting into neutral seems to help. No check engine light or codes.

It's like a sound in rapid succession lasting for about 1 second. "psst,psst,psst" really fast. This is only way I can explain it. I do have a mp4 of it but I can upload it. If someone wants to PM me I can send it to you with email.

"link to Youtube"

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Barry

johnson2bs
Year and Model: 2015
Has thanked: 0
United States of America
johnson2bs

Re: Odd sound coming from S60

Post by johnson2bs » Tue Mar 05, 2019 10:02 am

"Update" Stupid me if would have just opened the gas tank door I would have found that the sound is coming from the gas cap (It's a new one) venting pressure out. Now is there a valve that may not be working or is the carbon filter or vent line plugged. I can blow out the vent line with compressed air, but I have no way of knowing if there is a vent valve that is not working properly. If any one can help me with where is the carbon filter? 2015.5 Volvo S60 2.0 T5 E-drive.
And maybe any testing methods or tricks.

Thanks