IPD sale Volvo Parts
Did you know? 🤔
Logged in users can get email notification of topic replies Log in or register (free).
Amazon Link Buy your stuff using this and it helps MVS!

Bought 2016 V60 CPO - certified 6 months ago?

Help, Advice, Owners' Discussion and DIY Tutorials for the groundbreaking new Volvo S60 2011+, V60 and XC60.
URDRWHO
Year and Model: Volvo V60 2016
Has thanked: 0
United States of America
URDRWHO

Bought 2016 V60 CPO - certified 6 months ago?

Post by URDRWHO » Thu Mar 07, 2019 5:00 pm

Ok, I get it I bought the car but the siren song of certified had me. I bought the car yesterday and it currently has 20,000 miles on it. I was drawn to the dealer by their internet advertisement that said the car had 19,000 miles on it.

This is the same dealer that did this -

https://www.matthewsvolvosite.com/forum ... 30#p405530

The car went through certification on October 18, 2018. Since that time it was driven 1,000 miles. The CPO sheet they handed me was not a fresh inspection.

So I looked at the annual State inspection and it was completed last October, so I am also not getting a fresh inspection. I'll have to shell out another $100 in several months. It should pass but that isn't the point. We recently bought two vehicles and both came with fresh inspections (one was a CPO Subaru and the other was non-CPO).

Tire question:

Looking at the CPO inspection report I see in the Adj. column that there is a check mark at - Conditions/abnormal wear (sidewalls/alignment problems). I look at the repair audit copy and they did a 4 wheel alignment on the car and then rotated the tires.
So I am no tire expert but I do know that if tires have been running on a car out of alignment those tires are not wearing correctly. Rotating them will exacerbate wear. The first column on the report is Volvo Std. which I assume means the condition is within Volvo standards. The tires were not marked in that column but were in the Adj column. Hm -- what??
Tire thread reading on 10/18/2018 was LF 9/32 - RF 7/32 - rear 8/32. I don't have a tread depth gauge so I can't say what they are at this time and after 1,000 miles of driving.

I am worried that they have passed on tires that are going to have premature wear. For goodwill they probably should have just installed new tires.

I called Volvo of America and she was a bit concerned that they were selling a car that was certified half a year ago and then driven by an employee for 1,000 miles after the certification.

This just makes me apprehensive and wondering what else don't I know. The dealer history has not been exactly clean.

crlande
Year and Model: 240DL;850;S70
United States of America
crlande

Re: Bought 2016 V60 CPO - certified 6 months ago?

Post by crlande » Thu Mar 07, 2019 5:17 pm

You have caught them twice it appears. I would list the dealer here and not go back.

URDRWHO
Year and Model: Volvo V60 2016
United States of America
URDRWHO

Re: Bought 2016 V60 CPO - certified 6 months ago?

Post by URDRWHO » Thu Mar 07, 2019 5:56 pm

If this were a beater car I wouldn't care but when I pay $26,000 for a used CPO car it comes with an expectation of a premium product. They are ContiProContact H rated tires and apparently they have quick view indicators that will show if the tire wore correctly. Tomorrow I'll pay to have a shop I know well put the car on the lift and check out those indicators and tread depth.
crlande wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2019 5:17 pm
You have caught them twice it appears. I would list the dealer here and not go back.