IPD sale Volvo Parts
Did you know? 🤔
Logged in users can get email notification of topic replies Log in or register (free).
Amazon Link Buy your stuff using this and it helps MVS!

Does this mean my latch was adjusted

Help, Advice, Owners' Discussion and DIY Tutorials for the groundbreaking new Volvo S60 2011+, V60 and XC60.
URDRWHO
Year and Model: Volvo V60 2016
United States of America
URDRWHO

Does this mean my latch was adjusted

Post by URDRWHO » Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:51 am

My drivers door doesn't close as smoothly as all other doors. Investigating the issue and I found two pink dots that are located at the latch (above and below).

I don't think this was a factory mark.

Am I correct thinking that these dots were used to orient the latch adjustment?
20190312_105959.jpg

jimmy57
Year and Model: 2004 V70R GT, et al
jimmy57

Re: Does this mean my latch was adjusted

Post by jimmy57 » Tue Mar 12, 2019 10:16 am

I have no idea but the adjustment isn't done on the door, it is done on the part on B post (C post rear doors). You couldn't see that with door latched even with rear door removed.
To correct it: lube the latch in the part on door shown in pic. DO NOT USE WD-40!!!!! it washes away lube that is there and leves miniscule trace of oil. Use 3 in 1 oil or spray white grease. push door to the position where it is not latched but you can see the body latch part moving into the latch on door. Try to look at it level as possible and see if the body mounted part is high or low relative to door latch. ark the body part with Sharpie. A mark made on paint with marker tip against latch part above and below latch and one vertical line next to the side of it will allow you to know how much you moved it once bolts are loosened. You only need loosen the bolts 1/2 turn or little less. It is best to leave it snug and to tsp it with small hammer to move. The amount you move it is usually 1/64 or 1/32 of an inch. Tighten and recheck closing. CHeck that the door back edge is flush or OUT from the front edge of door behind when both are closed and you look down body from rear and from front to see the fit of doors. The vetical line give you gauge to know how much you've moved the latch part if you have to adjust the in/out fit of the door relative to the other door.

URDRWHO
Year and Model: Volvo V60 2016
United States of America
URDRWHO

Re: Does this mean my latch was adjusted

Post by URDRWHO » Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:20 am

Thank you.

I've never been good at aligning latches and your protocol helps a lot.
jimmy57 wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 10:16 am
I have no idea but the adjustment isn't done on the door, it is done on the part on B post (C post rear doors). You couldn't see that with door latched even with rear door removed.
To correct it: lube the latch in the part on door shown in pic. DO NOT USE WD-40!!!!! it washes away lube that is there and leves miniscule trace of oil. Use 3 in 1 oil or spray white grease. push door to the position where it is not latched but you can see the body latch part moving into the latch on door. Try to look at it level as possible and see if the body mounted part is high or low relative to door latch. ark the body part with Sharpie. A mark made on paint with marker tip against latch part above and below latch and one vertical line next to the side of it will allow you to know how much you moved it once bolts are loosened. You only need loosen the bolts 1/2 turn or little less. It is best to leave it snug and to tsp it with small hammer to move. The amount you move it is usually 1/64 or 1/32 of an inch. Tighten and recheck closing. CHeck that the door back edge is flush or OUT from the front edge of door behind when both are closed and you look down body from rear and from front to see the fit of doors. The vetical line give you gauge to know how much you've moved the latch part if you have to adjust the in/out fit of the door relative to the other door.