IPD sale Volvo Parts
Did you know? 🤔
Logged in users can get email notification of topic replies Log in or register (free).
Amazon Link Buy your stuff using this and it helps MVS!

"Check Stop Lamp" warning, 06 V50 Topic is solved

Help, Advice, Owners' Discussion and DIY Tutorials devoted to the second generation C70, S40 and V50 Volvos -- awkwardly model year 2004 ½ onwards -- plus where to go for advice and discussion on Volvo's sporty C30 Coupe powered by Volvo's ubiquitous inline 5-cylinder power plant.
benpineapple
Year and Model: 06 V50 T5
United States of America
benpineapple

"Check Stop Lamp" warning, 06 V50

Post by benpineapple » Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:17 am

Hello! Bit of an odd issue with my V50.

I started getting the "Check Stop Lamp" warning, and it looked like 2 or 3 of the diodes in the center tail lamp had gone out. Not knowing it was LED, I removed the center tail lamp, and took apart the housing to see if it was a mini bulb that could be swapped. Accidentally broke the circuit board inside the center lamp that all the LEDs are attached to. I ordered an OEM replacement center lamp. After reinstalling the damaged center lamp (connections/wires looked fine, I thought it would still work), it was no longer working, and the RH rear stop lamp is no longer working.

Received the new center stop lamp, installed it, and it works fine, but I still have the "Check Stop Lamp" warning, and the RH stop lamp is not working still. I opened it up, put fresh bulbs in to test, still no function. Thankfully I've been out of town for work for the past few weeks and have not had to drive much with a single stop lamp.

Any thoughts on what is causing this? I cleaned the contacts on the RH sockets and plug, still no dice. Have had intermittent CEM connectivity issues in the past, but this seems like the issue was triggered by my tinkering on the center lamp? Let me know if you have any thoughts.

Thanks!

2006 V50 T5, 116xxxM

1998 V70 AWD [RIP at 249,255M]
1990 240 [SOLD at 220xxxM]

benpineapple
Year and Model: 06 V50 T5
United States of America
benpineapple

Re: "Check Stop Lamp" warning, 06 V50  Topic is solved

Post by benpineapple » Thu Mar 28, 2019 6:54 am

Was able to get this warning resolved. All stop lamps started working again after some more fiddling and contacts cleaning/sanding in the bulb sockets, but I was still getting the check stop lamp warning. Disconnected the battery for a few minutes, and reconnected, haven't had the warning pop back up in the last 100miles.

2006 V50 T5, 116xxxM

1998 V70 AWD [RIP at 249,255M]
1990 240 [SOLD at 220xxxM]