IPD sale Volvo Parts
Did you know? 🤔
Logged in users can get email notification of topic replies Log in or register (free).
Amazon Link Buy your stuff using this and it helps MVS!

value brands for 2005 CV axle? Topic is solved

Help, Advice, Owners' Discussion and DIY Tutorials on the Volvo S80 model. Sometimes called an "executive car", the S80 was and continues to be Volvo's top-of-the-line passenger car.
850TurboTurtle
Year and Model: 96 850T, 05 S80T6
United States of America
850TurboTurtle

value brands for 2005 CV axle?

Post by 850TurboTurtle » Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:13 pm

Hi - I need to replace my drivers side CV axle on my 05 T6 S80. I'm looking at 5 more years from this car, and hoping to avoid $350 for the part. But I know there are cheap chinese knockoffs that fail quickly. Any recommendations on reliable parts for light use at a decent value??

safracatz
Year and Model: 2013 and C70
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0
South Africa
safracatz

Re: value brands for 2005 CV axle?  Topic is solved

Post by safracatz » Mon Mar 18, 2019 4:50 am

Sixity provides severe-duty OE restoration ATV/UTV axles arrange for high off-road vehicle appositeness.

SuperHerman
Year and Model: 2004 & 2016 XC90
Has thanked: 0
United States of America
SuperHerman

Re: value brands for 2005 CV axle?

Post by SuperHerman » Mon Mar 18, 2019 2:47 pm

If you are handy you can reboot yours. If you cannot afford the downtime and/or yours cannot be rebooted b/c it is destroyed and you are handy you can buy a nice condition used one and reboot it as preventive measure. Once you have it rebooted and ready to install you can pull yours and swap. In and out and done.

If you can afford the downtime I would just reboot yours - take it off - pull the old boots (try to keep the clamps in the best condition you can as sometimes they have to be reused (don't use a ziptie)) and examine the condition of the internals. If they pass then reboot both sides and reinstall. It is a messy job, but fairly easy. The hardest part is taking the CV out. Site sponsors should have the reboot kits.

A used OEM part or the original rebooted will provide you the best experience and is a known commodity.
These users thanked the author SuperHerman for the post:
850TurboTurtle