IPD sale Volvo Parts
Did you know? 🤔
Logged in users can get email notification of topic replies Log in or register (free).
Amazon Link Buy your stuff using this and it helps MVS!

Im confused ... This for my cracked oil filer cap housing or?

Help, Advice, Owners' Discussion and DIY Tutorials on Volvo's stylish, distinctive "P2" platform cars.

2001 - 2007 V70
2004 - 2007 V70 R
2001 - 2007 XC-70
2001 - 2009 S60
2003 - 2007 S60 R

natural4reelz
Year and Model: 02 VOLVO S60 TURBO 5
Been thanked: 0
United States of America
natural4reelz

Post by natural4reelz » Thu Mar 21, 2019 3:44 pm

Heres a pic of what looks like metal around some rubber things that its Says “This is for the oil filter housing ...

I was told i have a oil leak under my csr and the said my oil filter housing and cap is cracked bad ...

So di i need this or the other thing on here cslled ool filter cap/housing which ... look like the cap and the filter ibside the cap.??

Plus its says here its called a breather...

Im so Confused I’m trying to fix my oil leak underneath my car and I was told that I have I also I’m trying to fix my PCV system which I ordered the parts and I’m going to show you the pictures that I ordered and hopefully these are the right ones for my 02S 60 all wheel drive turbo 2.4 Volvo
Attachments
7C4A8A9D-A482-4B01-A944-E22D790C636C.png
2B20567C-F857-4FBE-BDF5-E94D43EFD2DB.png
ACBCAEA7-45A6-4E12-9708-CCBC1D1C17BC.png

precopster
Year and Model: Lots
Australia
precopster

Re: Im confused ... This for my cracked oil filer cap housing or?

Post by precopster » Thu Mar 21, 2019 7:37 pm

That part above is not part of the oil filler assembly on your car. I bet you just need one of these: It goes under the oil filler cap and is removed with a pick tool

https://www.fcpeuro.com/products/volvo- ... -1275379oe

Current cars:2002 XC70, 2006 Ssangyong Rodius (Stavic), 2006 XC90 2.5T, VW Transporter 2.5TDI

www.precisioncarmodules.com.

shiloh51933
Year and Model: 04 XC70/'98 V70XC
United States of America
shiloh51933

Post by shiloh51933 » Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:01 am

natural4reelz wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 3:44 pm
Heres a pic of what looks like metal around some rubber things that its Says “This is for the oil filter housing ...

I was told i have a oil leak under my csr and the said my oil filter housing and cap is cracked bad ...

So di i need this or the other thing on here cslled ool filter cap/housing which ... look like the cap and the filter ibside the cap.??

You said oil filter cap right? That's easy enough, just the cap the screws over the oil filter into case.
The oil filter housing I'm not sure what you mean, can you take pics underneath your car and post them so we can help you.

X

If U Wanna Play U Gotta Pay!!

EngineeringBloke
Year and Model: 2006 2.5T S60
United States of America
EngineeringBloke

Post by EngineeringBloke » Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:06 am

Hi Michelle,
Oil Filler cap
Precopster is referring to the sealing ring gasket that is part of the oil filler cap on the top of the engine. Often oil splashes out of the the oil filler hole (where you did the PCV glove test) due to the gasket aging and letting oil seep out and onto the top of the engine.

He may have been misled due to the title you put on this thread - spelling is critical here.
Filer looks like filler, not filter!

Oil Filter cap

I see that you mention a crack in the oil filter housing (the part where the engine oil filter is attached - under the engine).
It may be that the engine side (the housing) of this is fine, but the the oil filter cap itself is broken. The filter goes up under the engine onto a shaft, then the cap goes over the filter and holds it in place. If there is a crack in the cap, then the oil can leak out. Here is a picture of the cap from FCPEuro for your 2002:

https://www.fcpeuro.com/products/volvo- ... ng-1275808

Oil filter housing
I can understand the cap cracking if it was forced, but I am surprised that you were told the housing is leaking too. This seems unlikely.

The picture of the oil filter housing part that you found (the first of your pictures is for a 2012 and later Volvo S60 - it doies not fit your 2002 S60 - check the fitment section for the part on the FCPEuro site). You may want to call FCPEuro and get their help on the parts.

A picture showing the issue with the oil filter housing would be useful.