IPD sale Volvo Parts
Did you know? 🤔
Logged in users can get email notification of topic replies Log in or register (free).
Amazon Link Buy your stuff using this and it helps MVS!

Window Crunch Noise C70

Help, Advice, Owners' Discussion and DIY Tutorials devoted to the second generation C70, S40 and V50 Volvos -- awkwardly model year 2004 ½ onwards -- plus where to go for advice and discussion on Volvo's sporty C30 Coupe powered by Volvo's ubiquitous inline 5-cylinder power plant.
jakejoseph14
Year and Model: 2006 C70
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0
United States of America
jakejoseph14

Window Crunch Noise C70

Post by jakejoseph14 » Fri Mar 22, 2019 10:25 am

Hello all,

I have a 2006 Volvo C70 and the passenger window was stuck down this morning, whenever I would try to move it I would hear a crunching noise while the window moved.

I removed the door panel, and lubed the window track which helped it move but it still required my assistance to get back into the full up position.

After removing the motor it tested good, but the nylon gears it connects to seems to be where the crunching is coming from but I don't know exactly what the issue is here and how to solve it. The window moves extremely slowly and makes a crunching noise, sounds like plastic.

I have experience working on cars but am new to working on Volvos, so any help at all would be a tremendous help and much appreciated.

Thank you!!