IPD sale Volvo Parts
Did you know? 🤔
Logged in users can get email notification of topic replies Log in or register (free).
Amazon Link Buy your stuff using this and it helps MVS!

wet back floor

Help, Advice, Owners' Discussion and DIY Tutorials devoted to the second generation C70, S40 and V50 Volvos -- awkwardly model year 2004 ½ onwards -- plus where to go for advice and discussion on Volvo's sporty C30 Coupe powered by Volvo's ubiquitous inline 5-cylinder power plant.
buffalo-s60
Year and Model: S60
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0
United States of America
buffalo-s60

wet back floor

Post by buffalo-s60 » Sun Mar 31, 2019 1:18 pm

good afternoon
I have a 2009 s40, I lot of water on the back passenger floor, right hand side when seated. At this time I am guessing that it is from the AC drain. I have been running the ac to dehumidify foggy windows and now it seems I have made it worse. I am hoping someone can direct me to to locations I should inspect for the AC drain. some pics or drawings would be great.. any other advice is certainly welcome too.
...... ok update, I have pulled back the carpet and found the drain line, EASY!!! I removed the 2 inch long black tube going into the fitting breaching the floor. I did poke up into the box fitting and it stopped solid about half an inch up. everything is bone dry, in the tube, fitting, and around the tube.
back floor is swimming....
It did seem like wetter on top of the mat than the carpet under the mat. if this is a clue.
last,, I pulled off the right front hand post cover to inspect the moon roof drain line, it is connected and dry. I don't think this could have got to the back BUT I looked anyway.
is their a drain in the center post ??? maybe ??

as always thanks in advance

skloon
Year and Model: 94 850 95 850 04 S60
Canada
skloon

Re: wet back floor

Post by skloon » Mon Apr 01, 2019 1:03 pm

Sunroof drain perhaps ? I know these have problems with them but that is usually in the front where it goes under the hood

buffalo-s60
Year and Model: S60
United States of America
buffalo-s60

Post by buffalo-s60 » Sun Apr 07, 2019 11:52 am

I gave up and sent it to the dealer.. they said the moon roof drains,,, but the front was dry??? I guess I will never know for certain .... they are going to pull the entire interior and put everything in the paint booth and cook it dry... sounds good to me...
if it gets wet again it will be on them,, again sounds good to me..
I will post back when enough time has passed ant let everyone know if it worked.

BG123
Year and Model: 2007 S40
United States of America
BG123

Post by BG123 » Tue Apr 30, 2019 2:12 pm

Sounds like the moonroof drains to me. The same issue happened repeatedly on my 2007 S40 on both sides. I was able to fix it myself with help from this forum: https://forums.swedespeed.com/showthrea ... light=Leak. The drain tubing is located along the driver and passenger door frames, mine was dislodged from the rubber fitting on both sides. I bought some plastic tubing from Home Depot and epoxied it together, has solved the problem ever since.