IPD sale Volvo Parts
Did you know? 🤔
Logged in users can get email notification of topic replies Log in or register (free).
Amazon Link Buy your stuff using this and it helps MVS!

2.9 idling issues

Help, Advice, Owners' Discussion and DIY Tutorials on the Volvo S80 model. Sometimes called an "executive car", the S80 was and continues to be Volvo's top-of-the-line passenger car.
Tylerhagerdorn
Year and Model: 2000 S80 2.9
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0
United States of America
Tylerhagerdorn

2.9 idling issues

Post by Tylerhagerdorn » Tue Apr 02, 2019 12:45 pm

I recently purchased a 2000 S80 2.9 with extensive impressive service history and records. Starts up and runs amazing. Then when it gets warmed up, issues arise. When I bought it, I scanned the engine light and got p1330 and p0340. Cleared them, and the p1330 came back. When its warm, at idle it drops to around 500 rpms and will rise back up. It constantly does this. Has not died on me while driving. I took the cvvt solenoid off and deep cleaned it. Didnt look bad or gummed up at all, and oil is full. Bought a new gasket at the Volvo dealer, and also replaced the plugs as they were horrible Bosch Coopers that looked like they had been in there forever but they havent been. I warmed it up, drove it and all seemed great. Then parked it and let it run at idle. The surging and dropping in idle came back and no code has popped back up yet. It has had the etm cleaned and repaired before at the Volvo dealer and the ecm was also fixed as well. I'm stumped and dont want to keep dropping money into it. Anyone have suggestions? Timing belt is still in great shape and doesn't have many miles on it.