IPD sale Volvo Parts
Did you know? 🤔
Logged in users can get email notification of topic replies Log in or register (free).
Amazon Link Buy your stuff using this and it helps MVS!

2004 XC90 Climate Unit connectors

Help, Advice, Owners' Discussion and DIY Tutorials on Volvo XC90s. The XC90 proved to be very popular, and very good for Volvo's sales numbers, since its introduction in model year 2003 (North America).
eapowers64
Year and Model: 2004 xc90
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0
United States of America
eapowers64

2004 XC90 Climate Unit connectors

Post by eapowers64 » Wed Apr 03, 2019 2:34 pm

I removed and overhauled my climate unit (evap condenser, heater core, blower motor, resistor, seals, etc.) Now that I have it back together and ready to go back into the car, I have one small green connector that I cannot account for. The wiring going to the evap temperature sensor has a small green connector for the temperature sensor and a second small green connector with a blue, a white and a black wire. The wiring for this second connector is about 2 feet long. I labeled everything except for this one! What does it go to?

I have accounted for the three connectors for the radio, the three connectors for the Climate Control Unit, the connector for the little red light on the center of the dashboard, the connector for the center speaker, the connectors for the courtesy lights on the driver and passenger sides, the connector for the blower, and the various connectors for the little motors that control opening and closing of vents on the climate unit. What is left?

eapowers64
Year and Model: 2004 xc90
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0
United States of America
eapowers64

Re: 2004 XC90 Climate Unit connectors

Post by eapowers64 » Wed Apr 03, 2019 4:52 pm

Never mind! I figured it out when I flipped over the dashboard sitting in the corner of the garage and realized that the little light on the top of the dashboard is a sun sensor and that the hazard light was in the middle of the dashboard. The offending green connector goes to the sun sensor.