IPD sale Volvo Parts
Did you know? 🤔
Logged in users can get email notification of topic replies Log in or register (free).
Amazon Link Buy your stuff using this and it helps MVS!

207 v70r 6 speed clutch not working

Help, Advice, Owners' Discussion and DIY Tutorials on Volvo's stylish, distinctive "P2" platform cars.

2001 - 2007 V70
2004 - 2007 V70 R
2001 - 2007 XC-70
2001 - 2009 S60
2003 - 2007 S60 R

cosalteco
Year and Model: 2007 v70r
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0
United States of America
cosalteco

207 v70r 6 speed clutch not working

Post by cosalteco » Tue Apr 09, 2019 9:48 pm

Hi my names Frank and I am new to the site. Well the motor seized up on my car. I was able to locte another one from a 2006 v70r but it was an automatic. So while I had the motor and tranny out I bought a new clutch kit. I installed everything like it should go. I then bolted the new motor to the tranny and installed it.My first sighn of trouble was that my clutch pedal would stick to the floor. I then bought a new clutch pedal master cylinder. I installed It today and finally got the car running.Now my problem is that the clutch still is not working. When the car is off I can put it into gear without having to push the clutch. What I have done is to reverse bleed the system meaning opening the lil black valve on the front of the tranny and pumping fluid until it hits the full mark on res...I still have a kind of soft clutch pedal. I have been working on this car for 2 weeks now and still cant finish it up. Anyone with aNY GOOD ADVISE I WOULD GREATLY APPRICIATE IT. tHANKS