IPD sale Volvo Parts
Did you know? 🤔
Logged in users can get email notification of topic replies Log in or register (free).
Amazon Link Buy your stuff using this and it helps MVS!

I Wanna Be A Cowboy

Non-car talk is a place to talk about topics that are not related to cars or MVS.
Forum rules
Disallowed: religion, race, politics, war and disrespect toward others.
Allowed: history, computers, sports, movies, careers, art, music, relationships and the ten million other topics in our lives. Act like the adult you are. Enjoy.
93Regina
Year and Model: 93:240/940
Has thanked: 0
93Regina

I Wanna Be A Cowboy

Post by 93Regina » Sat Apr 13, 2019 8:21 pm

93Regina
Year and Model: 93:240/940
93Regina

Re: I Wanna Be A Cowboy

Post by 93Regina » Wed Jun 26, 2019 7:28 am

semuel wrote:
Wed Jun 26, 2019 5:47 am
And I want to be like Viktor Blom,...but his style of play is quite interesting,...good income they get out
How about: Charles Ergen

In 1980 Ergen and Jim DeFranco, a gambling buddy, tried their luck at the blackjack and poker tables in Las Vegas, Nevada—they were both considered professional gamblers at the time. Both men were ejected from the town after being accused of counting cards at blackjack; while looking for something else to do, they saw a truck carrying a huge satellite-television dish. Like shrewd card players attracted to games of risk, they impulsively decided to jump into the new business of satellite television.

Ergen, DeFranco, and Ergen's future wife, Cantey, pooled their savings of $60,000 and started their company. They bought two satellite dishes and set out in a truck to drive one of the dishes to Colorado, judging that the mountainous state with its poor TV reception was an obvious market for satellite television. Unfortunately, a strong wind blew the trailer off a highway, destroying the equipment, but the one functioning satellite dish they still owned was all they needed to display their wares. Operating on a shoestring budget, they drove around small towns and rural areas in the Denver area selling full-size satellite dishes from the back of their truck.

The company prospered by keeping up with the rapid technological changes in the industry and offering new services as soon as they were available. In 1990 Ergen brought EchoStar into the small-dish satellite business by raising $335 million in junk bonds, buying orbital slots for satellites, and going head to head with his much larger competitors. In 1992 the Federal Communications Commission granted EchoStar a DBS license and assigned the company its own satellite orbit.

firsly
Year and Model: S40/V40 1995–2004
Been thanked: 0
Ukraine
firsly

Re: I Wanna Be A Cowboy

Post by firsly » Tue Jul 09, 2019 9:25 am

I wanna be like Fedor Holz. Unfortunately, he is retired https://fedor-holz.com/retirement/