IPD sale Volvo Parts
Did you know? 🤔
Logged in users can get email notification of topic replies Log in or register (free).
Amazon Link Buy your stuff using this and it helps MVS!

Newbie looking to make a sleeper

Help, Advice, Owners' Discussion and DIY Tutorials devoted to the second generation C70, S40 and V50 Volvos -- awkwardly model year 2004 ½ onwards -- plus where to go for advice and discussion on Volvo's sporty C30 Coupe powered by Volvo's ubiquitous inline 5-cylinder power plant.
Bradon2508
Year and Model: 2002 S40
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0
United States of America
Bradon2508

Newbie looking to make a sleeper

Post by Bradon2508 » Sun Apr 14, 2019 8:02 pm

I have a 2002 Volvo S40 1.9T automatic with a T5 turbo. I have been working on volvos as a necessity with my brother since my parents always drove them and I used to hate volvos due to the boxy shape but when I got this one my mind was changed and I want to rebuild this car and make it a sleeping beast that I know it can be. However to do that I am in need of advice and parts as well as a daily driver for while this car is out of commission for the rebuild.
I need to find a low mileage engine for the car which is a lateral inline 4 cylinder. I also need to find a manual transmission and manual ECU for the car. If any of you have any ideas or advice on how to best source these parts please get in touch with me here. I am very interested in doing this rebuild and modification, this should go without saying that I want to make this street legal but also heavily modded to make this car a show and race car.
Any advice yall may have for me would be greatly appreciated.