IPD sale Volvo Parts
Did you know? 🤔
Logged in users can get email notification of topic replies Log in or register (free).
Amazon Link Buy your stuff using this and it helps MVS!

Interior lights

Help, Advice, Owners' Discussion and DIY Tutorials on Volvo's stylish, distinctive "P2" cars.
2001 - 2007 V70
2004 - 2007 V70 R
2001 - 2007 XC-70
2001 - 2009 S60
2003 - 2007 S60 R
Laserbeam
Year and Model: 2001 V70
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0
Great Britain
Laserbeam

Interior lights

Post by Laserbeam » Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:19 am

I have a rather old and marvellous V70 - Y905OBY and I would appreciate any help. Like my Volvo I too am getting rather old and in order to keep my car going tend to do repairs myself or my son chips in as he is a BMW engineer. One problem is really getting to me and that is the interior lights- Some months ago I had to replace the interior mirror as it went very black. After I did this my interior lights started to go weird. They worked but would not switch off. My local garage who used to be Volvo service centre said they thought I needed to replace the whole module and not just the mirror part. Is this correct? I bought a replacement roof module and this has not cured the problem. My budget for the car is very low and I need to keep my car running as I cannot see me ever getting to change her before I slip out of life. I am also very fond of her and proud that she is hitting 240000 and still up for it.