IPD sale Volvo Parts
Did you know? 🤔
Logged in users can get email notification of topic replies Log in or register (free).
Amazon Link Buy your stuff using this and it helps MVS!

Power loss

Help, Advice, Owners' Discussion and DIY Tutorials on the Volvo S80 model. Sometimes called an "executive car", the S80 was and continues to be Volvo's top-of-the-line passenger car.
Barledge
Year and Model: 2002 Volvo S80 T6
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0
Armenia
Barledge

Power loss

Post by Barledge » Thu Apr 18, 2019 6:56 pm

2002 S80 T6, bought e weeks ago with 195k . First started with a El.power service required and battery light, found out someone put a 140 amp alternator on it so I replaced battery and 160 amp alternator Bosch. Problem cured. But had no power, codes for Cadillac converter something about bank 1 and bank2 . And throttle body sensor, I replaced the whole throttle body and sensor, but was also told it needs to be reprogrammed is this true???? Drove about 80 miles engine light back on, I reset it inside and no more codes, YET anyway, but still can't get above 4000 rpms. Any suggestions? I'm stuck with this car dont have a choice but I do love it.

tardcart
Year and Model: 96 850t. 93 940t
United States of America
tardcart

Re: Power loss

Post by tardcart » Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:21 pm

I don't know your year, but the bad alternator will set lots of unrelated codes. You probably should just have cancelled them and not replaced anything, now that you have replaced components you may have to have them programmed. You could try putting the old ones back.

Barledge
Year and Model: 2002 Volvo S80 T6
Been thanked: 0
Armenia
Barledge

Re: Power loss

Post by Barledge » Tue May 07, 2019 9:19 pm

I've owned Volvo's before and I am unfortunately very familiar with working on them , it runs good on the highway and street but at idle and park it Boggs rough idle now have all these misfire codes. This car was very well maintained by 1 owner for 16 years not sure what but it was always maintenanced by dealership but he changed 1 thing wrong and threw it all off is my assumption.