IPD sale Volvo Parts
XeMODeX - Experts in Volvo Electronics My Swedish Parts ad - genuine Volvo parts
Did you know? 🤔
Logged in users can get email notification of topic replies Log in or register (free).
Amazon Link Buy your stuff using this and it helps MVS!

2007 S80 3.2L parking brake light illuminated

Help, Advice, Owners' Discussion and DIY Tutorials on the third generation Volvo V70 wagon and XC70 crossover, and second generation S80. Are you an owner? Prospective owner? Get in here and join us! Start a new topic or comment on an existing thread.

2008-2016 V70
2008-2016 XC70
2007-2016 S80

jmstimko
Year and Model: S80 2007
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0
United States of America
jmstimko

2007 S80 3.2L parking brake light illuminated

Post by jmstimko » Mon Apr 22, 2019 7:14 am

Hello S80 owners,

I have a 2007 S80 with 220K miles that uses a manual parking brake. Just recently, the parking brake light in the top right corner of the dashboard display has been coming on. It appears the parking brake itself is very slightly loose. If I pull up on it with my hand, the light will turn off. It barely moves, but enough to turn it off. Historically, the parking brake is never used and works fine if engaged. The annoyance is the car will chime when driving if the parking brake light illuminates.

My question: should I just remove the fuse so it doesn't illuminate since the parking brake is never used, if so, can anyone tell me which fuse it is? Or does the parking brake itself need replaced?

Thanks for the feedback!