IPD sale XeMODeX - Experts in Volvo Electronics
Did you know? 🤔
Logged in users can get email notification of topic replies Log in or register (free).
Amazon Link Buy your stuff using this and it helps MVS!

Oil Pressure Sensor leak

Help, Advice, Owners' Discussion and DIY Tutorials on Volvo's stylish, distinctive "P2" platform cars.

2001 - 2007 V70
2004 - 2007 V70 R
2001 - 2007 XC-70
2001 - 2009 S60
2003 - 2007 S60 R

rudsaki
Year and Model: 2004 S60 AWD
Been thanked: 0
United States of America
rudsaki

Oil Pressure Sensor leak

Post by rudsaki » Sat May 18, 2019 10:34 am

Couple of months ago I got a pretty good leak coming front the engine side facing front of car. Looked like the the oil pressure sensor, so I replaced it. Recently I saw that it is still leaking, tightened it some more, no luck.

Looking at it, I'm wondering if the old washer is still on the block. Tried to knock it off with a screwdriver, but afraid of damaging it if it's part of the block. Anybody have a good picture or memory of what it should look like?

Read the 7 page 2018 thread here of replacing PCV hoses because of leaks. Wondering if that could drip on top of the sensor, but don't think blow by oily leaks would look as thick as pure engine oil.

2005 S60 AWD 119k miles. Hard to get a photo, but that main elbow hose looks original and clean. Dirty underneath, but not wet oily/drippy

rudsaki
Year and Model: 2004 S60 AWD
Been thanked: 0
United States of America
rudsaki

Re: Oil Pressure Sensor leak

Post by rudsaki » Fri May 24, 2019 5:28 pm

went crazy and JB Welded around the sensor and it still leaks! It now looks like it is leaking between the intermediate section and cylinder block, just to the left of the sensor.
never heard of this until I found this thread and strangely 2 people with 2005 models like mine reported this.
http://www.volvoxc.com/forums/showthrea ... Leak/page2

Looks like I'm forced to remove the intake manifold to get a good look. Arghh.