IPD sale XeMODeX - Experts in Volvo Electronics
Did you know? 🤔
Logged in users can get email notification of topic replies Log in or register (free).
Amazon Link Buy your stuff using this and it helps MVS!

01 V70 new sub and amp wiring

How to integrate your phone into your Volvo's audio. Which speakers to buy to replace old ones. Recommended head unit brands and models... This is where we talk watts, ohms, GPS, iPod integration, component installation, tips, tricks and advice for making your Volvo's audio, video, ticket avoiding and mapping gadgets work better than ever... iPod, XM, GPS, DVD, Speakers, Amps, Radar Detectors
CIK7
Year and Model: 1998 Volvo V70 XC
United States of America
CIK7

01 V70 new sub and amp wiring

Post by CIK7 » Mon May 27, 2019 12:48 pm

I am making plans to put in a new pair of JBL GX602 speakers in the front doors, as well as a 6" Pyle sub in the center dash. The tweeters are weak, front speakers don't work, rear work decent enough. First: Is it true that the dash speaker goes directly to the head unit and not the amp? That's what I read somewhere I think. Would this 6" sub be an ideal solution in the center dash? I don't want a box to take up cargo space because it's all important for me. I mainly use it as the bed area for my dog and for big stuff like giant couches. Second, where would I find the harness for the center dash speaker to hook into the head unit? In the picture I posted, you might see that there is a wire on one underside of that opening. What does that go to? My car came with the 603 or 613 head unit and was switched to the 813 head unit. If y'all know what the harness is called and can find it on eBay, please let me know. Thank you.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

1998 V70 XC black ($1K trade, Mi:145K, immaculate, selling electric driver seat, PM me)
1998 V70 XC white ($50 cash, Mi:unknown, dead, is the donor for my black one)

Future upgrades: 16T, logo/badge delete excl grille

If you have a 98-00 V70, interested in 'interior remodeling' ideas, PM me. My remodel: Satin nickel on Cali Bordeaux Bamboo with shiny gray shag.