IPD sale Volvo Parts
Did you know? 🤔
Logged in users can get email notification of topic replies Log in or register (free).
Amazon Link Buy your stuff using this and it helps MVS!

My new invention? Anti-stress safety for automatic transmission vehicles.

Come on in, introduce yourself and say hi! List Volvo events here. Have a hot Volvo? Show it off here.
george90
Year and Model: 1996 850
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0
United States of America
george90

My new invention? Anti-stress safety for automatic transmission vehicles.

Post by george90 » Tue May 28, 2019 3:44 pm

Hello to everyone.

I have an invention to avoid pressing the accelerator pedal instead of pressing the brake pedal in case of stress while driving. I thınk it can be solved by pressure sensors placed on the steering wheel. When you squeeze the steering, the accelerator pedal is automatically deactivated.

What do you think of my idea? :D

tardcart
Year and Model: 96 850t. 93 940t
United States of America
tardcart

Re: My new invention? Anti-stress safety for automatic transmission vehicles.

Post by tardcart » Tue May 28, 2019 3:48 pm

already on my way to trademark bureau.

DeadEric
Year and Model: 1996 850 Turbo
United States of America
DeadEric

Post by DeadEric » Tue May 28, 2019 9:36 pm

When my son was 5 he climb into a Little Tikes Cozy Coupe and immediately started honking the horn and yelling "son of a b*#ch."

It was then that I realized my wife was right and I have road rage issues.

Having never been a stering wheel gripper, maybe add some sort of voice pattern recognition to it as well.

george90
Year and Model: 1996 850
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0
United States of America
george90

Post by george90 » Thu May 30, 2019 2:21 pm

"My invention calculates how much you squeeze the steering wheel with the pressure sensors placed on the steering wheel."

"If you squeeze the steering wheel for a long time while driving, your driving is usually not safe for the drivers and other drivers."

"Only drivers who are unable to drive or under stress can accidentally step on the accelerator pedal."

"This system prevents the driver from depressing the accelerator pedal when angry. The driver can be warned on the vehicle display."

"If the driver gets nervous in the car, he can't move the vehicle until he calms down, because the vehicle display constantly warns the driver."

"If you are angry, you are probably squeezing the vehicle's steering wheel. My invention is active now and the vehicle does not move even when the accelerator pedal is pressed. Example: You are angry with the driver and his friend in the car. The vehicle does not then accelerate. Danger lights turn on automatically."

"The vehicle does not slow down. Stops The accelerator pedal is deactivated. You cannot move the vehicle without stopping again. If you are still calm, then you can continue. If you are still nervous, you will probably continue to squeezing the steering wheel. You can only continue when it calms down."

"The driver is warns three times. Then it is activated. You cannot drive faster than 2 km / h. This speed is enough to draw you to the side of the road."

"First Warning: Squeeze the steering wheel for 3 seconds.(You will be alerted during this time.) Accelerator pedal is deactivated now. Second warning: Squeeze the steering wheel for 3 seconds.(You will be alerted during this time.) Accelerator pedal is deactivated. If you do not leave it your foot, the accelerator pedal does not start to work again, it repeats the countdown in the display (3 ... 2 ... 1 ... And drive...) Third Warning: Squeeze the steering wheel for 3 seconds.(You will be warned during this time.) The accelerator pedal is disabled. The accelerator pedal will not be reactivated until the indicator reads 0 km / h. "

Does this system confuse me on the road?

You don't get confused, because:
1. "Anti-stress safety enabled." This will appear on the display and the system will not turn on unless you squeezing the steering wheel for three seconds.
2. During this time, the driver is alerted to audio and screen. Example: If you stop pressing after 2 seconds, it will not be activated.
3. If you do not lift the your foot off the accelerator pedal, the timer will not start and if you press the accelerator pedal again within three seconds, the countdown will be canceled. If you take your foot off the driving pedal, the countdown begins.

In addition, my invention can also prevent your vehicle from being driven by an animal. :D

RickHaleParker
Year and Model: See Signature below.
United States of America
RickHaleParker

Post by RickHaleParker » Thu May 30, 2019 7:01 pm

Naa ... Fix the problem at the root cause, get the idiots and A-holes off the road ... driving permit revoked.

Platform: P80 1998 C70, B5234T3, AW50-42, Bosch Motronic 4.4, Special Edition package, Plant: Uddevalla Sweden.

Platform: X40 (Nedcar) 2003 S40, B4204T3, AW55-50/51SN, Siemens EMS 2000. Plant: Born Netherlands.

Platform P2 2005 XC90 T6 Executive, B6294T, 4T65 AWD, Bosch Motronic 7.0, Plant Torslanda Sweden.
----------------------------------------------------------------
1997 S90, B6304S, AW30-42, Bosch Motronic 4.4 - Sold

abscate
MVS Moderator
Year and Model: 99T5 ,99S70,2005V70
Trinidad & Tobago
abscate

Post by abscate » Thu Jun 20, 2019 10:03 am

Tesla has a new tool for anger management detected during driving...
Attachments
9F126E6A-A596-4A0A-9E64-F1A113716687.png

Empty Nester
A Captain in a Sea of Estrogen
1999-V70-T5M56 2005-V70-M56 1999-S70 VW T4 BMW