IPD sale XeMODeX - Experts in Volvo Electronics
Did you know? 🤔
Logged in users can get email notification of topic replies Log in or register (free).
Amazon Link Buy your stuff using this and it helps MVS!

Value? 2000 Volvo S70 GLT Topic is solved

Help, Advice and DIY Tutorials on Volvo's extremely popular car line -- Volvo's 1990s "bread and butter" cars -- powered by the ubiquitous and durable Volvo inline 5-cylinder engine.

1992 - 1997 850, 850 R, 850 T5-R, 850 T5, 850 GLT
1997 - 2000 S70, S70 AWD
1997 - 2000 V70, V70 AWD
1997 - 2000 V70-XC
1997 - 2004 C70

User avatar
MoVolvos
Posts: 1792
Joined: Sun Jan 15, 2012 6:47 pm
Year and Model: 03S80T6~08C30T5
Location: NC
Has thanked: 14 times
Been thanked: 32 times
United States of America
MoVolvos

Value? 2000 Volvo S70 GLT

Post by MoVolvos » Thu May 30, 2019 1:30 pm

-

Would like input on this car.

Great Volvo for sale - $2150 (Greensboro)
https://greensboro.craigslist.org/cto/6884888218.html

Owner says no major repairs since purchased 2011 (PCV, ETM, Transmission, ABS Module, TB & WP). The shop he uses does have excellent reviews.

On a 98 S70 T5 I had done the PCV, soldered the ABS, WP, Trans-flush, Strut/Shock, PNP & Brakes. I understand that the 99-00 have transmission issues. What would be a reasonable price to pay for the car all things considered?

Thank you.


Blessings,

BKM

1998 S70 T5 - Donated
2003 S80 T6
2003 GS300
2003 Odyssey
2008 C30 T5
2019 Atlas SE 4 Motion

User avatar
abscate
MVS Moderator
Posts: 18411
Joined: Sun Feb 17, 2013 5:54 pm
Year and Model: 99T5 ,99S70,2005V70
Location: NYC, ALBANY NY
Has thanked: 208 times
Been thanked: 685 times
Trinidad & Tobago
abscate

Re: Value? 2000 Volvo S70 GLT

Post by abscate » Thu May 30, 2019 1:56 pm

MoVolvos wrote:
Thu May 30, 2019 1:30 pm
-

Would like input on this car.

Great Volvo for sale - $2150 (Greensboro)
https://greensboro.craigslist.org/cto/6884888218.html

Owner says no major repairs since purchased 2011 (PCV, ETM, Transmission, ABS Module, TB & WP). The shop he uses does have excellent reviews.

On a 98 S70 T5 I had done the PCV, soldered the ABS, WP, Trans-flush, Strut/Shock, PNP & Brakes. I understand that the 99-00 have transmission issues. What would be a reasonable price to pay for the car all things considered?

Thank you.
Its is priced in the FMV zone - if you can get it for 80-90% of that you have both won. Subject to the usual stringent road test of course.

It will go fast at 1500

No issues with 99-00 ATs. Its the 2001 that had issues, 10% of the time
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.


Empty Nester
A Captain in a Sea of Estrogen
1999-V70-T5M56 2005-V70-M56 1999-S70 VW T4 BMW

User avatar
MoVolvos
Posts: 1792
Joined: Sun Jan 15, 2012 6:47 pm
Year and Model: 03S80T6~08C30T5
Location: NC
Has thanked: 14 times
Been thanked: 32 times
United States of America
MoVolvos

Re: Value? 2000 Volvo S70 GLT

Post by MoVolvos » Thu May 30, 2019 2:21 pm

abscate wrote:
Thu May 30, 2019 1:56 pm
MoVolvos wrote:
Thu May 30, 2019 1:30 pm
-
Its is priced in the FMV zone - if you can get it for 80-90% of that you have both won. Subject to the usual stringent road test of course.

It will go fast at 1500

No issues with 99-00 ATs. Its the 2001 that had issues, 10% of the time
Great to know about the AT's. Would it still be worth $1,500 if I had to do all the work (ETM, ABS Module, TB&WP, PCV, Struts/Shocks and Brakes)? Thanks.


Blessings,

BKM

1998 S70 T5 - Donated
2003 S80 T6
2003 GS300
2003 Odyssey
2008 C30 T5
2019 Atlas SE 4 Motion

User avatar
abscate
MVS Moderator
Posts: 18411
Joined: Sun Feb 17, 2013 5:54 pm
Year and Model: 99T5 ,99S70,2005V70
Location: NYC, ALBANY NY
Has thanked: 208 times
Been thanked: 685 times
Trinidad & Tobago
abscate

Re: Value? 2000 Volvo S70 GLT  Topic is solved

Post by abscate » Thu May 30, 2019 3:11 pm

MoVolvos wrote:
Thu May 30, 2019 2:21 pm
abscate wrote:
Thu May 30, 2019 1:56 pm
MoVolvos wrote:
Thu May 30, 2019 1:30 pm
-
Its is priced in the FMV zone - if you can get it for 80-90% of that you have both won. Subject to the usual stringent road test of course.

It will go fast at 1500

No issues with 99-00 ATs. Its the 2001 that had issues, 10% of the time
Great to know about the AT's. Would it still be worth $1,500 if I had to do all the work (ETM, ABS Module, TB&WP, PCV, Struts/Shocks and Brakes)? Thanks.

ETM $500
ABS $300
TB WP $500
PCV $400
Sturts $700
Brakes $500

That makes it a total of $4000 car good for 100k miles.

Yes if that is what you want to do
No if you don't need 100,000 miles out of it.
These users thanked the author abscate for the post:
MoVolvos


Empty Nester
A Captain in a Sea of Estrogen
1999-V70-T5M56 2005-V70-M56 1999-S70 VW T4 BMW

User avatar
manovlov
Posts: 205
Joined: Wed Jul 06, 2011 6:47 am
Year and Model: 850 WAGON 95 2.5-20V
Location: GRENOBLE
Has thanked: 40 times
Been thanked: 9 times
France
manovlov

Re: Value? 2000 Volvo S70 GLT

Post by manovlov » Fri May 31, 2019 1:37 am

Yo,

Excepted the road test to do (already mentionned), this car looks in perfect condition, as far as I can see. And for this mileage, you may have do some zero stage, which is rather easy on these cars, for me.

And a driver who keeps its car interior this way, may have done the same for the all car. See dipstick, have a look under the car, to the breaks, to the engine of course, to look for any leak. Electrics to test also.

It's a cool daily car anyway, its color is brilliant...

Manov


Vroum !

User avatar
MoVolvos
Posts: 1792
Joined: Sun Jan 15, 2012 6:47 pm
Year and Model: 03S80T6~08C30T5
Location: NC
Has thanked: 14 times
Been thanked: 32 times
United States of America
MoVolvos

Re: Value? 2000 Volvo S70 GLT

Post by MoVolvos » Fri May 31, 2019 5:06 am

manovlov wrote:
Fri May 31, 2019 1:37 am
Yo,

Excepted the road test to do (already mentionned), this car looks in perfect condition, as far as I can see. And for this mileage, you may have do some zero stage, which is rather easy on these cars, for me.

And a driver who keeps its car interior this way, may have done the same for the all car. See dipstick, have a look under the car, to the breaks, to the engine of course, to look for any leak. Electrics to test also.

It's a cool daily car anyway, its color is brilliant...

Manov
Thanks for the encouragement and vote of confidence to further look into the car.


Blessings,

BKM

1998 S70 T5 - Donated
2003 S80 T6
2003 GS300
2003 Odyssey
2008 C30 T5
2019 Atlas SE 4 Motion

Post Reply