IPD sale XeMODeX - Experts in Volvo Electronics
Did you know? 🤔
Logged in users can get email notification of topic replies Log in or register (free).
Amazon Link Buy your stuff using this and it helps MVS!

Airbag Clock Spring & Anti-Skid Issues

Help, Advice, Owners' Discussion and DIY Tutorials on Volvo XC90s. The XC90 proved to be very popular, and very good for Volvo's sales numbers, since its introduction in model year 2003 (North America).
kawrtknee
Year and Model: 2009 XC90
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0
United States of America
kawrtknee

Airbag Clock Spring & Anti-Skid Issues

Post by kawrtknee » Thu Jun 06, 2019 10:45 am

My car is a 2009 XC90, 3.2L engine, FWD, has DSTC with approximately 125,000 miles on it. I bought the car last year and ever since I have had the car my "anti-skid temporarily off" or "anti-skid service required" sets off only when making left u-turns and left turns. The dash automatically resets when I restart the car but once I make that left turn (essentially all the time) this message pops up. I have so far ruled out any other possibilities and narrowed the problem down to the airbag clock spring. I had a mechanic buddy of mine pull the steering wheel off in attempt to get a better idea of what was going on and to our surprise the airbag clock spring was mounted incorrectly by 180 degrees. We turned it to the proper positioning but this message is still popping up when making the left turns. One week after installing the airbag clock spring correctly now my car is saying "DSTC spin control off" after the left turns are made. Now that it is installed correctly, are the messages I am getting normal until I have the steering angle sensor re-calibrated? Or should I just bite the bullet are replace the airbag clock spring and hope that does the trick? Anything helps, thanks!