IPD sale XeMODeX - Experts in Volvo Electronics
Did you know? 🤔
Logged in users can get email notification of topic replies Log in or register (free).
Amazon Link Buy your stuff using this and it helps MVS!

Volvo Cars tweeted back regarding my autonomous XC90 question

Come on in, introduce yourself and say hi! List Volvo events here. Have a hot Volvo? Show it off here.
matthew1
Site Admin
Year and Model: 850 T5, 1997
United States of America
matthew1

Volvo Cars tweeted back regarding my autonomous XC90 question

Post by matthew1 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:25 am

Help keep MVS on the web -> click sponsors' links here on MVS when you buy from them.
Also -> Amazon link
. Click that when you go to buy something on Amazon and MVS gets a kickback.

1997 850 T5, MSD ignition coil, Hallman manual boost controller, injectors, R bumper, OMP strut brace [gone]
2004 V70 R [gone]

93Regina
Year and Model: 93:240/940
Has thanked: 0
93Regina

Re: Volvo Cars tweeted back regarding my autonomous XC90 question

Post by 93Regina » Sat Jun 15, 2019 10:54 pm

"This car is prepared to be autonomous when all verifications, technology and software is ready."

This is a fully autonomous Volvo XC90 - Volvo and Uber reveal “first production car” that’s “capable of fully driving itself”
The company will use a “similar autonomous base vehicle” for other autonomous cars, which will be introduced in the “early 2020s” and should allow “unsupervised autonomous drive in clearly designated areas such as highways and ring roads”
These users thanked the author 93Regina for the post:
sas11977

93Regina
Year and Model: 93:240/940
Has thanked: 0
93Regina

Re: Volvo Cars tweeted back regarding my autonomous XC90 question

Post by 93Regina » Fri Nov 29, 2019 7:00 pm

27 November 2019 - Brose supplies autonomous Volvo self-closing doors
The car launched earlier this year at the Uber Elevate summit in Washington, DC and is in pre-production at the main Volvo plant in Torslanda, Sweden.
With its drive for automatically closing side doors, Brose claims to play a significant part in the vehicle's autonomous capabilities- if the hirer does not close the door properly when exiting, the vehicle must be able to do this itself before it drives off or after it has stopped.

Since the drive uses available door interfaces, the supplier was able to integrate it into the already existing door architecture.

The door system includes the drive, an electronic control unit, the power window regulator and a latch with power-cinching unit. Automatic opening of doors including collision protection will be introduced later.