IPD sale XeMODeX - Experts in Volvo Electronics
Did you know? 🤔
Logged in users can get email notification of topic replies Log in or register (free).
Amazon Link Buy your stuff using this and it helps MVS!

volvo s60, auto

Help, Advice, Owners' Discussion and DIY Tutorials on Volvo's stylish, distinctive "P2" platform cars.

2001 - 2007 V70
2004 - 2007 V70 R
2001 - 2007 XC-70
2001 - 2009 S60
2003 - 2007 S60 R

stanleychiponda
Year and Model: s60(T5)/2001
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0
stanleychiponda

volvo s60, auto

Post by stanleychiponda » Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:56 am

Front and rear Interior LIGHTS switching on when engine is off and WARNING TRIANGLE flashes ORENGE/RED when engine is running, please advise problem cause

Stanley

oragex
Year and Model: S60 2003
Canada
oragex

Re: volvo s60, auto

Post by oragex » Mon Jun 17, 2019 4:39 am

Flashing yellow triangle means severe engine misfire, don't drive the car or you can damage the catalytic converter. Could be more than 1 thing, depends what happened before

stanleychiponda
stanleychiponda

Re: Front & Rear interior LIGHTS

Post by stanleychiponda » Mon Jun 17, 2019 5:36 am

Help me guys my volvo s60 is lighting INTERIOR LIGHTS when driving and also when engine is off. Please help with possible causes.

If hood or door not closed properly does TRIANGLE flashes RED/ORANGE?

I DON'T THINK IT'S MISFIRE, BCOZ IT'S PULLING PERFECT

Oragex i did not explain fully in my first writing to readers.

stanley

oragex
Canada
oragex

Post by oragex » Mon Jun 17, 2019 6:49 am

Sorry, I though you meant a yellow triangle. I'm still confused you say 'orange' but you also say 'red'. If it's red and steady and dome lights are on, that would be the car thinks one of the doors is not properly closed. However, I don't know what a blinking red triangle means.

Did this happen all of a sudden, or you bought the car with this issue already ? What are the messages on the computer display under the engine temp gauge ?

A door may be fully closed but if the connector inside the door panel is disconnected, the car will think that door stays open. To find which door has this problem, unlock the car, open driver's door and press the dome light button to turn dome lights off, then close the door (all doors are close at this moment), then open each door at a time: if the dome lights turn on, press the button to turn them off and close that door - that door works fine. Keep opening the other doors until you will open one that doesn't make the dome lights to turn on - that door is not properly connected behind the door panel.

stanleychiponda
stanleychiponda

Post by stanleychiponda » Mon Jun 17, 2019 7:35 am

The problem started this weekend after it over a month parked, before it has been running smooth ever since i bought it in 2012 from japan.

In the text window message it's displaying JAPANESE and i don't know how change that to display in english

The other thought is that the car has not been moving for over a month as i was not around and maybe RATS/MICES might have EATEN the power cables, if there is POWER SHORT can this cause DOME lights on when power is off?

i will try the to do what you have advised me above, then will give you up-date.

oragex
Canada
oragex

Post by oragex » Mon Jun 17, 2019 9:25 am

Don't know if mice can cause cable damage to have dome lights on (but everything is possible), however this car is known to have problems when parked for long time - I recommend simply disconnecting the battery when parking for more days, to be safe.

Try also locking-unlocking the driver's door 3 times, does some sort of reset.

For the Japanese message, maybe take a picture and ask on Internet on some forum with Japanese people

stanleychiponda
stanleychiponda

Post by stanleychiponda » Tue Jun 18, 2019 4:48 am

Hie guys, what i have noticed this morning when i drove it is this:
-The doors are producing a CENTRAL LOCKING SYSTEM sound from inside THE DOOR PANELS as if it's unable to LOCK /UNLOCK thereby trigering the DOME LIGHTS when car is moving or stationary.

Let me investigate the in the ENGINE and see whether these RODENTS did not temper with the cables.

Or the above explanation i have given what do you think about this CENTRAL LOCKING SYSTEM SOUNDLIKE?