IPD sale XeMODeX - Experts in Volvo Electronics
Did you know? 🤔
Logged in users can get email notification of topic replies Log in or register (free).
Amazon Link Buy your stuff using this and it helps MVS!

2000 Volvo S40 ignition starter switch removal

Help, Advice, Owners' Discussion and DIY Tutorials on S40 and V40. In this forum you'll find S40/V40-specific owners asking and answering questions on maintenance, ownership, repairs, tutorials and almost every do-it-yourself thing you can do to save money owning these Volvos.

1996 - 2004 S40
1996 - 2004 V40

rwernyei
Year and Model: 2000 S40
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0
United States of America
rwernyei

2000 Volvo S40 ignition starter switch removal

Post by rwernyei » Thu Jun 20, 2019 9:21 am

Having intermittent starting issues. Stop in for a haircut to come out to stranded car. All lights come on no start, no cranking noise. 45 minutes later starts on a dime. Drive a few days as normal then issue happens again. Stranded and wait, then starts. Web surfing, I deduced it to be the SCU aka Ignition Starter Switch. Bought part at Autozone but got hung up replacing new one. Anyone able to share any guidance on getting the pigtails off the old switch. I circled them in yellow on the attached pic. I am able to remove all the other connectors. Your help would greatly be appreciated. Thanks.

Robert
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

rwernyei
Year and Model: 2000 S40
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0
United States of America
rwernyei

Re: 2000 Volvo S40 ignition starter switch removal

Post by rwernyei » Sat Nov 09, 2019 9:20 pm

Anyone?