IPD sale XeMODeX - Experts in Volvo Electronics
Did you know? 🤔
Logged in users can get email notification of topic replies Log in or register (free).
Amazon Link Buy your stuff using this and it helps MVS!

DS Window Regulator Issue, Upper Electronic Module question

Help, Advice, Owners' Discussion and DIY Tutorials on Volvo's stylish, distinctive "P2" platform cars.

2001 - 2007 V70
2004 - 2007 V70 R
2001 - 2007 XC-70
2001 - 2009 S60
2003 - 2007 S60 R

benpineapple
Year and Model: 06 V50 T5
United States of America
benpineapple

DS Window Regulator Issue, Upper Electronic Module question

Post by benpineapple » Thu Jun 20, 2019 9:38 am

Hello! I bought a 2001 V70 XC last week, with 155,xxx miles. Car has lots of little cosmetic issues, got a fantastic deal on it. Working on restoring it to all its glory for my wife to drive.

Firstly, DS door window. Pulled panel off, actuating arms had come off of window track, and regulator arms were badly warped from being powered on while separated from window. One of the actuator arms was basically bent in half inside the door. I drilled out the rivets, pulled the actuator and motor. Hit the scrapyard, and put a regulator in my car from an '04 XC70. Right off the bat, regulator would only go down halfway before stopping (I tested its function before putting it in the door). It was starting to rain, so I put it in the door, and installed the glass, figuring I'd fix it another day. And now it's intermittently not moving at all from the closed position. At first when I installed it, it would still only go down halfway. Is this a calibration issue? I thought calibration was only for auto up/down function? Next step, I'm thinking about putting in the old window motor, but keeping the new actuator.

Other question is about the upper electronic module. Is the upper electronic module the flat circuit board that the dome lights attach to, or is it stored within the rear view mirror?

Thanks!

2006 V50 T5
2001 V70 X/C AWD

1998 V70 AWD [RIP at 249,255M]
1990 240 [SOLD at 220xxxM]

DrDan
Year and Model: 02 V70
Has thanked: 0
Germany
DrDan

Re: DS Window Regulator Issue, Upper Electronic Module question

Post by DrDan » Thu Jun 20, 2019 12:20 pm

benpineapple wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2019 9:38 am
Other question is about the upper electronic module. Is the upper electronic module the flat circuit board that the dome lights attach to, or is it stored within the rear view mirror?
The UEM is the latter, in a somewhat unholy union of auto-dimming rear view mirror glass (glued on top of the PCB, argh!); in control of central locking and, I suppose, lots more. The lights have to make room first when you remove the UEM...
These users thanked the author DrDan for the post:
benpineapple