IPD sale Volvo Parts
Did you know? 🤔
Logged in users can get email notification of topic replies Log in or register (free).
Amazon Link Buy your stuff using this and it helps MVS!

Driveshaft and exhaust rubbing

Help, Advice, Owners' Discussion and DIY Tutorials on Volvo XC90s. The XC90 proved to be very popular, and very good for Volvo's sales numbers, since its introduction in model year 2003 (North America).
Randall0208
Year and Model: 2000 volvo s70
Been thanked: 0
United States of America
Randall0208

Driveshaft and exhaust rubbing

Post by Randall0208 » Fri Jun 28, 2019 4:34 pm

Hello, some of you may of seen my last post. I basically was backing up and made a stupid mistake and hit a huge log and I did run over it. Anyways, after I hit the huge log and it shook the car violently there was a nails on chalkboard screeching noise coming from the rear end. Lots of people suggested the parking brake assemblies came apart and were rubbing on the rotors, but I figured it out today that surprisingly the driveshaft is right up against the exhaust and thats why it's screeching so loud. I took off some of the exhaust hangers to make them not be touching and took it for a short ride and it drove nice and smooth like it once did so i'm guessing thats the only damage caused. I'm just confused how the two began touching right after I smacked into that log, if anybody knows anything helpful please let me know. No damage was done to the exhaust from the log either.

SuperHerman
Year and Model: 2004 & 2016 XC90
Has thanked: 0
United States of America
SuperHerman

Re: Driveshaft and exhaust rubbing

Post by SuperHerman » Fri Jun 28, 2019 7:46 pm

It would be better were you to stick to the other thread you started rather than start a new one.

As you work through and find things - the scope of the problem narrows. Those helping you get more information.