IPD sale XeMODeX - Experts in Volvo Electronics
Did you know? 🤔
Logged in users can get email notification of topic replies Log in or register (free).
Amazon Link Buy your stuff using this and it helps MVS!

Headlight question

Help, Advice, Owners' Discussion and DIY Tutorials on Volvo XC90s. The XC90 proved to be very popular, and very good for Volvo's sales numbers, since its introduction in model year 2003 (North America).
5ft24
Year and Model: 2004 XC90 T6 AWD
United States of America
5ft24

Headlight question

Post by 5ft24 » Wed Jul 03, 2019 7:33 am

My 04 has the bi-xenon HID's. In the high beam hole, there is a regular halogen bulb. The HID's work great, on high beam they pivot up like they should, but the halogen bulb in the high beam hole never lights up.
I have VIDA, but the wiring diagrams suck for lighting. Are those just filling the holes, or should they be coming on with the high beams?

ggleavitt
Year and Model: XC90 05-2.5T, 08-V8S
Has thanked: 0
United States of America
ggleavitt

Re: Headlight question

Post by ggleavitt » Wed Jul 03, 2019 8:57 am

Owners manual with this verbiage- "NOTE: Bi-Xenon headlights (option): Turn the headlight switch to position 0 to activate a daylight sensor, which automatically switches the low beams on or off, depending on ambient light conditions. When driving in daylight, the headlights will switch off and the daytime running lights will come on. In darkness, the daytime running lights will switch off and the Bi-Xenon headlights will switch on. " may be found here- https://volvo.custhelp.com/app/manuals/ ... model/XC90

On my '08 with ABL, inboard H10 halogens are DRL, either they're on or the ABLs are on, not both. If you put the headlight switch to the rightmost position, only the headlights come on.

Came across this while looking for the owners manual- http://volvornt.harte-hanks.com/manuals ... ochure.pdf

2005 2.5T AWD-195k
2008 V8 AWD Sport-125k