IPD sale Volvo Parts
XeMODeX - Experts in Volvo Electronics My Swedish Parts ad - genuine Volvo parts
Did you know? 🤔
Logged in users can get email notification of topic replies Log in or register (free).
Amazon Link Buy your stuff using this and it helps MVS!

Cannot select Satellite Radio SAT1 or SAT2

Help, Advice, Owners' Discussion and DIY Tutorials for the groundbreaking new Volvo S60 2011+, V60 and XC60.
fmwaz
Year and Model: 2012 Volvo S60 R
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0
United States of America
fmwaz

Cannot select Satellite Radio SAT1 or SAT2

Post by fmwaz » Wed Jul 03, 2019 11:12 am

Hello,

I have a subscription to Sirius XM but a strange thing happened. Now when I try to select either SAT1 or SAT2 in the menu nothing happens. I can press the select button but the display does not change. I had the radio service for four years without a problem. I can select AM, FM1 and FM2 without a problem. I had a reset signal sent twice, checked the fuse and looked under the trunk liner and did not see anything disconnected near the satellite receiver. I have the latest version of the Volvo software for a 2012 S60. Can the receiver be tested using Vida/Dice?

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

jimmy57
Year and Model: 2004 V70R GT, et al
jimmy57

Re: Cannot select Satellite Radio SAT1 or SAT2

Post by jimmy57 » Wed Jul 03, 2019 12:39 pm

That is what happens if the receiver has an issue too.
You can see if there are DTCs in systems easily. You can't see what the code is, just a yes or no of presence of a code.

This works with ignition on, must have the full set of warning lights on so hold the start button a little longer beyond when you hear radio and see some cluster messaging. It is best to have engine running but you can't drive it as this feature goes off t about 3 mph.

Hold the READ button on end of turn signal lever and push the rear fog light switch twice to turn them on and back off, release the READ button after 2-3 seconds. Now the right gauge will have Checking DTC shown and then will change to NO DTCs SET or DTCs IN VEHICLE. Once this happens you can tap the READ button to scroll through the module list. For each module it will show one of these: DTC set, Checking, Ready, or Reading. Not Read or another message of similar meaning (maybe Reading) can also be shown. The RDAR is many modules down the list after IAM and AUM. The RDAR should show Ready. If it has DTC set then it will need to be read out and dealt with. If it has Not Read then find which fuse it is inside in LH rear cargo area behind that pop out panel, at least on my 2010. It might be in a different place on later years as I recall.

fmwaz
United States of America
fmwaz

Post by fmwaz » Sat Jul 06, 2019 11:52 am

Hello,

Thank you for your reply. I tried several times but could not get the readout in the right gauge. I have a Foxwell scan tool with the Volvo diagnostic software. I ran it and it recognized the RDAR module. I can open it and read the module hardware and software versions.

jimmy57
jimmy57

Post by jimmy57 » Sat Jul 06, 2019 3:08 pm

On some I have worked on for being offline in the display the info and ID numbers would display. AT least that means it is not a power supply problem. Antenna issues will allow selection but no reception like when you are in a parking garage or tunnel.

fmwaz
United States of America
fmwaz

Post by fmwaz » Thu Aug 15, 2019 2:46 pm

I purchased a used RDAR module on EBAY. After installing it, I am able to select the SAT1 or SAT2. However, the display says "searching for signal". Does something need to be programmed by the dealer for this module to work?

jimmy57
jimmy57

Post by jimmy57 » Thu Aug 15, 2019 4:06 pm

I replaced mine with used and I had to call Sirius with the ID number that came up in the menu for sat radio. Your service is associated with a number in the old unit and they don't know the new one.