IPD sale XeMODeX - Experts in Volvo Electronics
Did you know? 🤔
Logged in users can get email notification of topic replies Log in or register (free).
Amazon Link Buy your stuff using this and it helps MVS!

2013 Volvo S60 T5 AWD Blower Motor Not Working

Help, Advice, Owners' Discussion and DIY Tutorials for the groundbreaking new Volvo S60 2011+, V60 and XC60.
StevenStowik
Year and Model: 2009 S80
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0
United States of America
StevenStowik

2013 Volvo S60 T5 AWD Blower Motor Not Working

Post by StevenStowik » Sun Jul 14, 2019 5:28 pm

I have a 2013 Volvo S60 T5 AWD, blower motor is not turning on with the fan knob turned up to 100%. I was told to check the refrigerant, so I tried to check it, I believe it looked good but I don't think it was an accurate reading because the outside air wasn't passing through the evaporator coil to warm it up, due to the fan not turning on.

Now I am probably not supposed to do this but I noticed the blower motor right behind the low pressure service port. I stuck my arm in to move it, I gave it a quarter turn, it took, it continued spinning and there was cold air blowing through the vents. After a while, it stopped blowing air, and once again I had to give it another quarter turn.

What does this mean? Do I have a bad blower motor? Or is there an underlaying issue here with my refrigerant level?

jlh3rd
Year and Model: 2012 s60
Has thanked: 0
United States of America
jlh3rd

Re: 2013 Volvo S60 T5 AWD Blower Motor Not Working

Post by jlh3rd » Tue Jul 23, 2019 5:57 am

whoever told you to check refrigerant level for a non working blower motor doesn't need to be working on your volvo. Refrigerant levels have nothing to do with a blower motor running or not. Refrigerant levels can only be properly checked by reading the high side/ low side pressure readings. Does the blower motor work without a/c on? Does it work with heat selected on? Or do you have to spin it also. ( i don't know how your spinning it by hand but, ok.)
Short answer, your blower motor is bad.