IPD sale XeMODeX - Experts in Volvo Electronics
Did you know? 🤔
Logged in users can get email notification of topic replies Log in or register (free).
Amazon Link Buy your stuff using this and it helps MVS!

2006 XC90 ABS light on

Help, Advice, Owners' Discussion and DIY Tutorials on Volvo XC90s. The XC90 proved to be very popular, and very good for Volvo's sales numbers, since its introduction in model year 2003 (North America).
Rhys
Year and Model: 2006 XC90
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0
New Zealand
Rhys

2006 XC90 ABS light on

Post by Rhys » Tue Jul 23, 2019 2:01 am

Hi I am new here but I have a 2006 XC90 2.5T and the ABS light has come on along with the message ABS service required.
I have plugged in a scanner a few times and every time I have got the code 0041 Wheel sensor right rear faulty signal but acouple of times are have also had 0042 Wheel sensor right rear mechanical error.
I have been reading through the forum to get some help but wasn’t sure wether to replace the sensor or if it is possibly the reluctor ring.
Is there a way to test if it is the sensor or the ring?
Would it be ok to swap the hubs from one side to the other and see if the fault changes sides and then swap back and replace if required?

Any Ideas would be great as being way down here in NZ there isn’t a lot of local suppliers for parts so will have to buy online for FCP etc.

Thanks
Rhys