IPD sale Volvo Parts
XeMODeX - Experts in Volvo Electronics My Swedish Parts ad - genuine Volvo parts
Did you know? 🤔
Logged in users can get email notification of topic replies Log in or register (free).
Amazon Link Buy your stuff using this and it helps MVS!

2005 XC90 New to me

Help, Advice, Owners' Discussion and DIY Tutorials on Volvo XC90s. The XC90 proved to be very popular, and very good for Volvo's sales numbers, since its introduction in model year 2003 (North America).
volvooh
Year and Model: '98 S70, '05&'08 V70
Has thanked: 0
United States of America
volvooh

2005 XC90 New to me

Post by volvooh » Fri Jul 26, 2019 7:40 am

I picked up an XC 90 this past week. 2005 T5, no third row (kind of a bummer). But it does have a tow receiver. Plan to tow some lighter duty things, jet ski, utility trailers. Short distances primarily and not too often. 173,xxx mi

PO did the angle gear and right front axle. PO before him did left front axle. Timing belt/ water pump done in Dec 2017 and has 20k on it.

Needs an alignment, likely going to replace pads, rotors, maybe calipers. The vehicle sat for quite a while and rotors are were quite oxidized.

In general, everything works except windshield washers. Exterior is in excellent condition...looks almost new, but I have come to have a high level of expectation with my Volvos.

As for the windshield washer, the headlight washers work but nothing else. I have heard this can be caused by a clogged strainer, blown fuse or bad motor. I wanted to start with the low hanging fruit and check the fuse, but the owners manual and the fuse box seem to differ of the fuse for the washer. According to the manual, its in the number 16 position in the engine compartment fuse box, but the guide on the interior fuse box shows that position open. Any idea where I might find this fuse?

ggleavitt
Year and Model: XC90 05-2.5T, 08-V8S
Has thanked: 0
United States of America
ggleavitt

Re: 2005 XC90 New to me

Post by ggleavitt » Fri Jul 26, 2019 9:26 am

http://new.volvocars.com/ownersdocs/200 ... .htm#pg160, give this a try. I believe it's fuse 34 (15A) on the CEM block for the windshield washer pump. Headlight washers are separate, they might be fuse 15 (35A) under the hood.

2005 2.5T AWD-195k
2008 V8 AWD Sport-125k