IPD sale XeMODeX - Experts in Volvo Electronics
Did you know? 🤔
Logged in users can get email notification of topic replies Log in or register (free).
Amazon Link Buy anything with this and it helps MVS!

Compressor type

Help, Advice, Owners' Discussion and DIY Tutorials for the groundbreaking new Volvo S60 2011+, V60 2015+ XC60 2010-2018.
jimmy57
Year and Model: 2004 V70R GT, et al
jimmy57

Re: Compressor type

Post by jimmy57 » Sun Jul 28, 2019 9:00 am

The solenoid can be removed without taking it all the way off but you have to discharge refrigerant regardless and the snap ring access and valve maneuvering requires turning the compressor so you can work on it. That means you are going to have to deal with the tougher part, getting the &*%($#(*$ belt back on. STRETCH BELTS SUCK. The tools that are supposed to roll belt on help but are a long way from magic. The belt is supposed to be replaced, never re-used, if it is one of these.
The compressor is the three groove one. The connections are on the end cover and are not in line but are close to in line. The ones pictured with the line connections on a rectangular bolt on side cover are for the 6 cylinder. The problem is in a listing selected as a 5 cylinder car is the compressor actually wrong or did they use the wrong photo? Used parts for sure is the wrong one when it is the actual pic of part you will get. I would not get a used compressor in this instance. I would not get a used compressor in hardly any instance unless I knew it was a ridiculously low mile car.

2013S60
Year and Model: 2013 S60
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0
United States of America
2013S60

Re: Compressor type

Post by 2013S60 » Sun Jul 28, 2019 11:24 am

This is one that I will pay someone to do, and if I’m doing that, I’m just going to change the compressor while they’re doing it. I’m just happy I finally determined what I need and what that extra belt situation was. Thanks for all the help. I greatly appreciate it.