IPD sale Volvo Parts
XeMODeX - Experts in Volvo Electronics My Swedish Parts ad - genuine Volvo parts
Did you know? 🤔
Logged in users can get email notification of topic replies Log in or register (free).
Amazon Link Buy your stuff using this and it helps MVS!

Volvo xc90 2013 headlights come on randomly

Help, Advice, Owners' Discussion and DIY Tutorials on Volvo XC90s. The XC90 proved to be very popular, and very good for Volvo's sales numbers, since its introduction in model year 2003 (North America).
rbarham
Year and Model: 2013
Been thanked: 0
United States of America
rbarham

Volvo xc90 2013 headlights come on randomly

Post by rbarham » Sun Jul 28, 2019 3:23 pm

My 17 year old daughters Volvo XC 90 has been having the issue of headlights coming on randomly. If she hits a bump, uses turn signal the headlights come on. Also the car can be sitting in driveway parked for hours and I look outside and the lights are on. Any help on what this could be? Our closest dealership is 200 + miles. Thanks in advance

projectsmorol
Year and Model: 2008 c30
Has thanked: 0
United States of America
projectsmorol

Re: Volvo xc90 2013 headlights come on randomly

Post by projectsmorol » Mon Jul 29, 2019 8:25 am

Does it have daytime running lamps?

2008 C30:
Darton wet sleeves|CP Carrillo pistons&rods|Upgraded injectors|K16 turbo|3"downpipe|ELEVATE:cat back|custom intake|turbo intercooler hard pipe|lower motor mount|turbo blanket|intake plenum|downpipe wrap|dual bypass valve|lowering springs|rear camber arms|do88 FMIC|Porche 70mm TB|BMC air filter|MAF upgrade|Turbosmart waste gate|meth injection|IPD brake lines|NGK iridium 1 step colder|APR head studs|AEM AFR/Boost Gauge|Hilton Tuning

rbarham
Year and Model: 2013
Been thanked: 0
United States of America
rbarham

Post by rbarham » Wed Jul 31, 2019 2:52 pm

it does have daytime running lamps

wanderdüne
Year and Model: 2004, 2006 XC90 2.5T
United States of America
wanderdüne

Post by wanderdüne » Thu Aug 01, 2019 6:38 am

I'd unplug the switch just to see if it happens without it plugged in:

Otherwise, it is considered by many, myself included, to have a VIDA/Dice diagnostic unit especially if the dealer is distant.
The Volvo tool for diagnostic is called VIDA Dice. The VIDA is the software part and the Dice is the physical reader. VIDA contains all of the parts catalogs, repair procedures, diagnostic trees etc. You can download a "version" of it here https://forums.swedespeed.com/showthrea ... nload-Link to inform and educate yourself about what repairs you are getting done. You can buy a "cloned" Dice off of ebay or amazon to use so you can begin to suss out the electrical issues, diagnostics, clearing active and vestigial codes etc. by yourself. Pretty indispensable.
I pm'd you a link to someone (How I got mine) who can sell you a dedicated VIDA laptop pre-installed if you prefer that. You would still need to purchase a (cloned) or actual$$ OEM Dice unit
These users thanked the author wanderdüne for the post:
rbarham