IPD sale XeMODeX - Experts in Volvo Electronics
Did you know? 🤔
Logged in users can get email notification of topic replies Log in or register (free).
Amazon Link Buy your stuff using this and it helps MVS!

Help Identifying this Line?

Help, Advice, Owners' Discussion and DIY Tutorials on Volvo's stylish, distinctive "P2" platform cars.

2001 - 2007 V70
2004 - 2007 V70 R
2001 - 2007 XC-70
2001 - 2009 S60
2003 - 2007 S60 R

Taskmaster
Year and Model: 2006 XC70
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0
United States of America
Taskmaster

Help Identifying this Line?

Post by Taskmaster » Mon Jul 29, 2019 8:08 pm

I did the PCV box on my 2006 XC70 and while troubleshooting another issue now I noticed this line/connector loose and it looks like it should be clipped in somewhere. I don't recall disconnecting it's support. It is under the drivers side of the air intake manifold
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

jimmy57
Year and Model: 2004 V70R GT, et al
jimmy57

Re: Help Identifying this Line?

Post by jimmy57 » Mon Jul 29, 2019 9:39 pm

that is the evaporations valve or canister purge valve. The hard line on side comes from charcoal canister at back of the car. The rubber hose goes to a T and the two branches pass through check valves and one is to intake and the other goes behind head down to the fresh air pipe from air cleaner to turbo. The rubber hanger you point to slides over a metal tongue that I believe to be in this picture to the right and above the valve below the rubber hose. Back under the intake is one of the check valves mentioned for the line that goes up and connects to a nipple on the intake on the lump. The lump is a protrusion directly opposite where throttle bolts on.

oragex
Year and Model: S60 2003
Canada
oragex

Re: Help Identifying this Line?

Post by oragex » Tue Jul 30, 2019 4:37 am

As above. That's a solenoid inside that opens to get the vapors from the gas tank into the intake. Just be sure the electrical connector is fully pushed in. I would try attaching the sensor back to its hook, but it should be working fine even in that position - unless you notice a Check engine light (little chance). It's a black small hook on the engine block. You can disconnect the hard line if you need by pressing on both sides on the small bumps