Did you know? 🤔
Logged in users can get email notification of topic replies Log in or register (free).
Amazon Link Buy your stuff using this and it helps MVS!

2016 knocking from passenger side

Help, Advice, Owners' Discussion and DIY Tutorials on Volvo XC90s. The XC90 proved to be very popular, and very good for Volvo's sales numbers, since its introduction in model year 2003 (North America).
apeg
Year and Model: 2016
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0
Canada
apeg

2016 knocking from passenger side

Post by apeg » Fri Aug 09, 2019 11:24 am

Few days prior got the Volvo back from the dealer for a recall they called me for (Low pressure fuel sensor).

Next day drove it an hour, and had zero issues. Following morning when I took it between 40-60km/h (~25-40mph) i would get a very noticeable knocking coming from the passenger side.

I took a look from the outside as my wife drove it back and forth and i was unable to notice any odd vibration from the wheels. I had no choice but to drive the car back home, but before getting on the highway the problem seemed to have vanished.

Any ideas? i'm always weary of self fixing problems, you never know when they might come back.

Thanks,

SuperHerman
Year and Model: 2004 & 2016 XC90
United States of America
SuperHerman

Re: 2016 knocking from passenger side

Post by SuperHerman » Fri Aug 09, 2019 8:53 pm

Interesting. I just had the same service repaired on my wife's 2016 about 500 miles ago. Today when I started it I heard a knocking kind of noise also, when I got out to look it went away. I will keep an ear out for it - like I said interesting. We have had it for almost 50k miles and I never heard the noise until today.

apeg
Year and Model: 2016
Been thanked: 0
Canada
apeg

Re: 2016 knocking from passenger side

Post by apeg » Sun Aug 11, 2019 6:02 am

Strange, there is no connection between a fuel pressure sensor and what i'm assuming is a balancing issues.

Even more odd to have it go away on its own