Did you know? 🤔
Logged in users can get email notification of topic replies Log in or register (free).
Amazon Link Buy your stuff using this and it helps MVS!

Height adjustment stop- rear passenger window?

Help, Advice, Owners' Discussion and DIY Tutorials devoted to the second generation C70, S40 and V50 Volvos -- awkwardly model year 2004 ½ onwards -- plus where to go for advice and discussion on Volvo's sporty C30 Coupe powered by Volvo's ubiquitous inline 5-cylinder power plant.
paulkcc
Year and Model: 2006
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0
United States of America
paulkcc

Height adjustment stop- rear passenger window?

Post by paulkcc » Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:51 am

I've got a 2006 V50. The rear window on the passenger side goes up about an 1/8 of an inch too far when you close it. I bought this car used and it has been this way since I got it. Is there a stop that can be adjusted, or some other way of stopping it at the right height. It's not a major problem but it's a pain trying to stop it at just the right place so that you either don't get wind noise or push the rubber molding up too much. Any help would be appreciated.

ElihutR40
Year and Model: S40 T5 (230HP) 2008
Mexico
ElihutR40

Re: Height adjustment stop- rear passenger window?

Post by ElihutR40 » Thu Aug 15, 2019 3:23 am

Hi, I have a s40 T5 2008 and I had that problem with the left rear window and I solved it very easy I hope it works for you. First you turn the key to position II and keep the button of the window you want to adjust up for approximately 10 to 15 seconds (I would advise you to adjust all so that they are equally adjusted).

jimmy57
Year and Model: 2004 V70R GT, et al
jimmy57

Post by jimmy57 » Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:24 am

If the procedure above fails to change the stop point then you may need to clear it. In many cases on P1 models the calibration set process will not occur unless there are no set points in the LDM or RDM memory. Find the fuse for the rear door window you need to calibrate in the owner's manual. Have your tool for removal of use on the fuse and operate that window in an auto up or auto down movement via switch and then pull the fuse while window is moving. Now re-install fuse. You can test for blanked position memory by operating switch for an auto up or down movement and you should see that it will not operate in auto mode. If it still does then repeat the step of pulling fuse while the window is in auto motion. Once cleared the procedure where you roll up window in normal operation and then once it is all the way up you hold switch in auto up for 5 seconds or so will work to get the positions reset. The motor for window has a rotation counter and once it learns the full up the module will stop the window to a count at least one revolution less than the full up position. The range downward is a programmed count from the full up position.
Last edited by jimmy57 on Thu Aug 15, 2019 1:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

paulkcc
Year and Model: 2006
United States of America
paulkcc

Post by paulkcc » Thu Aug 15, 2019 8:22 am

Thanks so much for the replies. This did the trick. I wish I would have sought for an answer on this before. I basically have just not been using that window because of the hassle of getting it to the right height. I figured there was some kind of physical stop inside the door which I needed to adjust and had put off tearing into it. This was so much easier. Your help is greatly appreciated.