IPD sale XeMODeX - Experts in Volvo Electronics
Did you know? 🤔
Logged in users can get email notification of topic replies Log in or register (free).
Amazon Link Buy your stuff using this and it helps MVS!

Airbag resistance too high

Help, Advice, Owners' Discussion and DIY Tutorials on the Volvo S80 model. Sometimes called an "executive car", the S80 was and continues to be Volvo's top-of-the-line passenger car.
Wbchap
Year and Model: 2004 S80
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0
United States of America
Wbchap

Airbag resistance too high

Post by Wbchap » Wed Aug 21, 2019 8:34 am

Howdy all. I have the famous SRS light on so I used my scan tool to find it saying, "Front left airbag resistance too high". I'm assuming that's the bag in the seat with the module underneath. I looked under there and everything looked clean and connected. I unplugged the red and black plug and plugged in a little 2 ohm airbag simulator I bought cheap to make sure that module was the problem, and after clearing the code, it came back. Ay ideas?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

jimmy57
Year and Model: 2004 V70R GT, et al
jimmy57

Re: Airbag resistance too high

Post by jimmy57 » Wed Aug 21, 2019 12:24 pm

That isn't the airbag connector. Check that your airbag emulator is still good by cjhecking for 1.8 - 2.5 ohms. Find the orange - amber connector and with ignition for a minute, better if batt is disconnected, plug in a good emulator into harness connector. Now you will need a scan tool with srs capability to clear it. It will not turn off light and message juat by fixing it.

Wbchap
Year and Model: 2004 S80
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0
United States of America
Wbchap

Post by Wbchap » Wed Aug 21, 2019 2:17 pm

Hey thanks for the reply. It’s not the red and black wired plug in? I guess I don’t know which wires to bypass then. You say it’s the orange and amber wires on that green plug in? And yes I have srs clearing tool. Thanks again

jimmy57
Year and Model: 2004 V70R GT, et al
jimmy57

Post by jimmy57 » Wed Aug 21, 2019 8:56 pm

No, it should be an orange connector housing. The box in your picture is only the power seat module, there are some other connectors higher up on edge of front seat cushion. On a 2004 there may a "gang plug" and the orange connector is docked in it. I think the harness in foreground of this photo running diagonal is the harness to the seat