IPD sale XeMODeX - Experts in Volvo Electronics
Did you know? 🤔
Logged in users can get email notification of topic replies Log in or register (free).
Amazon Link Buy your stuff using this and it helps MVS!

PCV Replacement HELP!

Help, Advice, Owners' Discussion and DIY Tutorials on Volvo's stylish, distinctive "P2" platform cars.

2001 - 2007 V70
2004 - 2007 V70 R
2001 - 2007 XC-70
2001 - 2009 S60
2003 - 2007 S60 R

Mikele82
Year and Model: XC70 2004
United States of America
Mikele82

PCV Replacement HELP!

Post by Mikele82 » Sun Aug 25, 2019 10:35 am

So im planning the PCV fix but I see the method im following is missing a few steps.
ive made a slide show from FCP Euro s60 Video =
https://www.matthewsvolvosite.com/forum ... 41#p515941

But :shock: only now i realized the xc70 2004 has some different things in the way, and maybe more under the intake manifold?
like whats the procedure on these A and B parts?
P1.JPG
:D :D :D
Another question is,
what kind of grease or silicone grease type/brand should i use on these parts ?

PCV nipple
N1.JPG

dipstick O rings
dip1.JPG

Fuel injectors O-rings

f1.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

oragex
Year and Model: S60 2003
Canada
oragex

Re: PCV Replacement HELP!

Post by oragex » Sun Aug 25, 2019 10:59 am

The B appears to be the fuel line connection, may find a detail here - be careful when releasing the pressure especially if the engine is still warm (not recommended) wear eye protection and some black rubber gloves www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cv7O8xHUiFc
The A looks like the pressure power steering line from the pump, you should have the line pressed in the pump, so it should have a small bolt on the side where it goes into the pump, just undo this bolt and remove it - have a rug underneath as it will spill a little bit of fluid

If you need the tools for the intake manifold www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CIVJu5E-Sk

I did never replace the dipstick seal or the injectors seal - be sure to have them pristine clean and use a little Vaseline when putting them back. Vaseline is OK because it's petroleum and these seals are in contact with gas which is also petroleum. Silicone is just as fine
The fuel rail may be hard to remove because the injector seals are stuck in there, I used a long pry bar to gently detach the rail.
These users thanked the author oragex for the post:
Mikele82